“Heaven in West Virginia”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Elkins
Pegasus Farm Campground
“Heaven in West Virginia”
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Stayed at this incredible spot while visiting a friend who was camping there and stumbled into a connection with some of the warmest/kindest people I have ever met. Mark and Bonnie have created a spirit-filled outdoor sanctuary for friends to find themselves and renew their weary spirits. Within 10 minutes of arriving you find yourself trying to find finagle a way to return and stay longer or even stay permanently! Make sure to include a stop to visit Pegasus on your way through West Virginia - you'll never forget it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank anitavoltz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 21, 2010

I camped at Pegasus Farms on my way across the US, and this was by far my favorite stop. Mark and Bonnie go out of their way to make your stay more comfortable. You feel like you're a part of the family - Mark even helped me fix my car when my battery died! The campgrounds are well-maintained and there's plenty to do in the area.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed January 23, 2010

We stayed in our RV at Pegasus and were extremely happy with the location and loved Mark and Bonnie, the campground' s owners. Such a beautiful leafy place, we stayed a day longer than we meant to as it was so nice, would have stayed longer but had to get to New York by a particular day. Mark even hooked us up for a flight in a light aircraft to take in the views of this spectacular area. Thoroughly recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RubyFuse
Orlando, FL.
Reviewed November 4, 2009

My family and I came to see the Fall colors in mid-October and we were greatly rewarded with the colorful mountains surrounding Pegasus Farm Campground. The campground was quite spacious and Mark and Bonnie went way out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed while staying in the Hippy Bus. We felt like we were staying with family.
My boys loved fishing in the creek and pond and my dog had the time of her life running free in the open fields.
I would highly recommend this campground to anyone looking for some R&R in the beautiful WV mountains.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
DizzyDLG
Reviewed October 24, 2009

My boyfriend and I were on a weekend road trip and had planned to stop one night at Pegasus Farm. We were going to set up our tent and camp in a lovely spot that Mark had picked out for us, right next to a flowing creek. On our long drive there, it rained the entire time and we arrived tired and later than we'd expected. We were trying to stay positive about the fact that we were going to set up our tent in the rain and get soaked. Unbeknownst to us, Mark and Bonnie had a beautifully converted, clean, fun, and cozy Zen bus for travellers to stay in! Mark drove us down and surprised us with our dry accomodations. We were thrilled!

The campground is gorgeous, set amongst the beauty of West Virginia, with gardens and ponds, and lots of space. Mark and Bonnie are gems and they have created a perfect getaway that feels like home. We only stayed one night, but plan to return in the future, hopefully with friends, and for a longer stay!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed August 24, 2009

After traveling for 8 weeks (22 campgrounds) in a 35' RV w/car in tow, from Florida to Bay of Fundy in Canada and back, my fiance, my teenage granddaughter and I stopped by for the night, we ended up staying 2 nights with deepest regrets of having to leave so soon!

Mark and Bonnie have successfully created an oasis that would satisfy anyone. Whether it's with an eye for beauty, the need to escape the hectic pace of everyday living or just a desire to feel welcome among strangers, you will find it here.

Mark greeted us warmly at the edge of town and led us to our site in this cleverly hidden eden. Bonnies' gardens are beautiful and the grounds are spacious enough to provide anyone seeking solitude with the opportunity. The restrooms were immaculate and the sites tended with care. The warmth and friendliness of Mark and Bonnie and the love they have for their land is apparent everywhere you look. We will return! My granddaughter is looking forward to returning with friends for their annual music jamboree.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
North Carolina
Reviewed June 16, 2008

WOW!! What a peaceful place to stay. Very close to town, but it feels like you are way out in the country. Mark and Bonnie are two of the most genuine people you will meet. They are the real deal. Don't expect glitz and glamor, but do expect peace and tranquility. This is the place you need to stay when you need a break from the rat race of the world. You will feel like you are visiting friends.

• Liked — Clean, peaceful, wonderful
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkins
Hampton Inn Elkins
#5 of 8 in Elkins
Super 8 Elkins
Super 8 Elkins
#4 of 8 in Elkins

Been to Pegasus Farm Campground? Share your experiences!