“Oldie but Goodie!”
Review of Elkins Economy Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Elkins
Elkins Economy Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Elkins
Reviewed May 20, 2008

We stayed in Elkins for 2 days on business, and the Econo Lodge had some of the better ratings for the price on this website. It was less than 2 miles for my partner to get to his job, so the motel was in a great location. For being located on US Route 33, I must say that it was the most quiet and peaceful location that I've been to in a very long time!
Our room was in an odd set of 5 rooms in a smaller building off to the side of the main building. I think that we had it better than the main building since it was quieter and a bit newer too. The room was very big compared to a lot of the places we stay, with a king bed, table and 2 chairs, big flat screen HD-ready TV, and desk (a huge desk at that!). Even though some of the furnishings were older, the TV was brand new and much bigger than any hotel TV. The air conditioning was a huge window unit cut into the wall. It was a bit loud, but worked like a dream. We like to be frozen and we like the sound of it running while we sleep. The bathroom was larger than average, but there was nothing extra special about it. The sink is outside of the bathroom and didn't have much counter space. The bed was nice and cushy...not too hard or soft. Overall, I found the room older but the campiness of it was comforting. I was kind of disappointed that there was no microwave/fridge in our room (like the website picture showed), but we managed.
The free wireless internet worked like a dream in this motel. We were a long ways away from the lobby and we still had a high signal. We usually have problems since our laptop has Windows Vista, but this motel was the first to not cause a problem for our computer!
There was an indoor pool/hot tub that I didn't know this place had until we arrived. I stopped by and took a quick swim and dip in the hot tub. The pool was actually pretty big and nicely heated, even though it was very old. It didn't have the smoothest surface either, so be careful if you like to swim. The hot tub was hot, but not scalding like most public ones. The jets were fairly weak and the tub was kind of dirty looking. I didn't stay in it very long at all! Overall, the pool area is a nice amenity for the price of the stay.
We didn't eat breakfast while here, but from reading the other reviews, I decided to skip that and the coffee. Sad, since I'm a mega coffee drinker. The woman at the desk was not very nice and lied to us on 2 different occasions, so I cannot say that there is good service here. They charged our credit card after telling us they wouldn't, and they lied about our phone in the room not working. This motel is nice, but try not to let the desk clerk get you down!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mirage45331

Reviewed May 6, 2008

This was not a nice place. The rooms are old, and look it. The bed was hard as a rock. The bathroom was really grungy with the dirt of many, many years. The window air conditioner "sang" very loudly the entire time I was there. Very poor breakfast, especially the coffee. If you stay, try to get a room in the "newer" two-story building.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank julibeth
Reviewed October 20, 2007

Clean room, friendly service, high speed Internet worked great, and the hotel is right in town.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ladyluci
Reviewed September 19, 2007

We stayed to celebrate our 35th Wedding Anniversry. We have stayed serval times before and enjoyed our stay. We also road the Tygart Flyer while we were there. I have never used the pool before but did so this time.I only had one complaint there should be a easier way to get in and out of the hot tub, it was nice but hard to get in and out of. my husband didn't swim because he is a chicken. We will probley stay again in the future. The staff and housekeeping was very helpful.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank lilkateLostCreekWV
Reviewed June 19, 2007

I attended a family reunion in Elkins and several family members stayed at EconoLodge. We requested rooms close by each other. Didn't happen. My mother requested a smoking room. Didn't happen. My 88 year old great aunt requested a handicapped room. Didn't happen. She was put on the second floor. Two cousins booked months in advance of the reunion and asked for adjoining rooms and had to struggle to get them when they checked in. My phone would not ring into my room and the airconditioning was hit and miss. So if you don't expect to get what you asked for, EconoLodge is your place.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled solo