New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Good, basic motel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Elkins Economy Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Elkins
Elkins Economy Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Elkins
germantown, md
“Good, basic motel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Been in dozens just like this, but usually they were more expensive. Staff friendly and helpful with suggestions about someplace for dinner. Clean, quiet, pet friendly, adequate. No frills. Breakfast less than average; went to the McDonalds down the street. Interestingly, they offer a further discount for veterans. That gives them high marks. And yes, they do offer smoking rooms, but in this day of political correctness, I see that as a plus.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank banjobwana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Washington DC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I booked this place looking for a no frills motel to stay with my family of 3 while visiting friends in Elkins and touring the surrounding area. I am not a princess and I didn't expect too much. The room is clean and the beds are surprisingly comfortable (firm, which I like and decent pillows). It really ends there. The shower is really loud and the towel bar fell off the wall. There are two main buildings one it two story and one single story. If you are unfortunate enough to be placed on the bottom level of the two story (as we were), you will hear the people above you coming in late and leaving early (it is a popular hunter/fisher spot). It says non-smoking but if you are really sensitive, you will smell smoke in the air. Breakfast is some stale bagels and packaged junk food. Coffee is weak. They did have juice though. The pool is a smelly place and I didn't even bother going for a dip as the ceiling collapsed over the door as I tried to open the door to the pool. A drunk woman tried to talk to us in the lobby at 8 am. There is a seedy bar that shares a parking lot so I think this place attracts some rif raff.

Room Tip: Book a room in the one story building closer to the lobby, the house near the end of the motel has y...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ReneeinDC
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

The staff are truly good persons doing the best they can. HOwever. The property owners need to wake up a bit.
I have been going thru this area for many years now and who ever does the budget needs a tune up.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Steve and Maddy S
Pensacola, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

pet friendly clean no frills indoor pool was in use.good value for cheap motel

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Kgar79
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Ok I stayed here last year for a fishing trip. The price is cheap the location to shaffers fork is unbelievable for the price. Indoor pool is a plus also. The rooms were clean and very spacious. the room had 2 kings and a recliner in it. My friends and I grilled out in the parking lot no one complained it's also a dog friendly motel. Also one reviewer gave this place a bad rating for hunters being there if that's the case then every hotel in West Virginia must have a be a one star joint to then from oct-feb cause this is West Virginia grow up people. The day staff woman was rude to my friend and I but the night shift people made it right to us by adjusting the rate of the room and allowing us to grill out in the parking lot. If you are a trout fishermen u can't beat this motel or just passing through the area. It's the nicest place I ever stayed at for the cost. Only reason I gave service a 3 was the one rude woman.

• Stayed March 2011
Charleston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2010

On October 2, 2010, I went with my husband on a trainride in Elkins. It was a beautiful trip.
We wanted to stay at one of the hotels next to the train station but they had because of the fall festival going on increased their prices and we could not afford $140.00 for the rooms they had left.
We drove around and ended up at the Elkins Econo Lodge in room 234 and it was a very big, nice, clean and quiet room for $69.00. We saved a lot of money.
Next time when we go to Elkins we will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank dewmaria
west virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2010

we are a family of 4 and i just wanted to say that we stay at this motel every year to attend the elkins youth wrestling tournament and my kids have a really good time in the pool.. Its not a expensive motel but its not bad either..we found everyone to be very nice..and it could use some modern cleaner upper but the rooms where clean i have never had a bad experience there...

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank roughneckwife114
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkins
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elkins
Iron Road Inn
Iron Road Inn
#5 of 8 in Elkins
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buckhannon

Been to Elkins Economy Inn? Share your experiences!