“New Rooms!!!”

Super 8 Dunbar/Charleston Area
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Dunbar
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed at this hotel a few years ago and since then it has been remodeled. This time I was traveling alone so I reserved a single king room. When I arrived I found out that my room was the first one in the hall, closest to the front door. I thought I would hear everyone coming and going but I was never disturbed. The room had a new construction smell. Everything seemed new except the faucet. I will stay here again. It is right off the interstate and close to food and banks.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Dunbar/Charleston Area

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We were on the way to Virginia, and needed a place to get some rest that would allow our small dog to stay. All we wanted was a clean room, comfortable bed, and hot shower the next day. We were please to find all three. Thre were other familes staying with thier pets, which made me feel more comfortable knowing they were asscustomed to 4 legged guest. :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Cons: 1) The beds in our room were the most firm we've ever experienced, anywhere. If you like that, this might be the place for you. If not, you might be miserable all night. It's rough! 2) As some other reviews have mentioned, there is a man at the front desk that is rather grumpy and likes to scoff at customers that raise questions. 3) You also have to be ready to have the safe fee taken off your account as it will be added; kind of annoying. 4) There are signs posted to not smoke within 25 feet of the entrance, but it seems that the entire staff smokes and they do it right on the steps of the entry way, basically making a smokescreen to pass through.

Pro: 1) good breakfast for a hotel at this level, plenty of options

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2012

My power went out and I needed someplace to stay. I called and they held a room for me until I could get there. Rooms were clean and the desk clerk was very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank julie r
Super8DunbarGM, General Manager at Super 8 Dunbar/Charleston Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I'm pleased that you found the hotel clean and the staff warm and welcoming. We work hard to make sure each and every guest is always 100% satisfied with their stay.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stopped here on the way to visit family. Rooms were clean and staff was friendly. Breakfast was ok for a quick morning starter.

• Stayed: November 2011
Super8DunbarGM, General Manager at Super 8 Dunbar/Charleston Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased you found your stay clean and comfortable. Currently, Super 8 is working on a new breakfast standard that will delight our guests.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

We were traveling and stopped for the night. The front desk person was indifferent and rude and the room was dirty especially the bathroom. I assumed by stopping at a Super 8 that we would receive freindly check-in and clean room.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Super8DunbarGM, General Manager at Super 8 Dunbar/Charleston Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property. We appreciate when our guests let us know when we did not meet their satisfaction. I am disappointed to hear you were not pleased with your room or our staff. We are an "A" rated property according to Super 8 Quality Assurance Standards. Please contact the hotel about the front desk representative that you felt was indifferent and rude. I would like more indepth details about your stay to take corrective action.

Reviewed September 10, 2011

This hotel is way over priced for what it is stayed in this hotel as the first stop on a 10 day road trip.We stayed in several hotels in this price range and this was the worst by far. The sheets had stains and some black hairs could not tell if it was animal or pubic got no sleep from the itching all nite it stayed with us for the next 24 hours. In the morning we left did not bother eating the joke they called breakfast a couple packaged danishes and coffee.Save your money stay some were different maybe in another town.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunbar
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charleston South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#1 of 3 in South Charleston
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
#2 of 3 in South Charleston
Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West
Four Points by Sheraton Charleston
Wyndham Garden Hotel Cross Lanes Charleston
Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, WV

Been to Super 8 Dunbar/Charleston Area? Share your experiences!