other traveler has booked this property
Side View Exterior
Upper Level Bath
Main Level Bath
Game Room Overall
Game Room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Poor - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

jasongill...
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Outdated Poorly Taken Care of Property”
Reviewed October 12, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

I'm not typically one to leave reviews but felt inclined to forewarn others of this property. We have stayed at many home rental properties and almost all have been wonderful. However, our experience here was bad. We rented the house for a long weekend for a family getaway. I don't know if the owner or the realty rental company is to blame, but this property has clearly not been well cared for. It had a very strong mold smell that resulted in myself and two of my three boys having a hard time even enjoying the weekend. I glade plug in was placed to try to cover up the musty smell. The ceiling in the one bathroom had water damage and the ceiling was falling apart. Half the light bulbs did not work. There were large cobwebs/dust webs over most of the windows. While it rained, it was clear there was gutter damage as water was dumping off the side right by the hot tub. The hot tub itself is very old, was slightly over half full with water (we had to use a pitcher to fill it with more water from the sink). It was very strong smell of chemicals, which typically means one of two things: either the unit is very dirty or the cleaning crew just dumped in too many chemicals. The bed frame with the king bed stuck out 5 inches further than the bed? So fortunately after banging my shin the first time I was careful to not hit it again, but was definitely a hazard...I have no idea why it was like that. Most of the towels provided also smelled poorly and musty. Maybe due to the house itself, maybe due to poor washing. We ended up just using the beach towels we brought instead. The linoleum tiles in one bathroom don't even stick to the floor, you can peel them right up. And most frightening was you would hear this "electric zapping sound" every now and again in the kitchen near the microwave and fridge. I never could figure out exactly where it was coming from, but it sounded like an electrical fire waiting to happen. I'm sure to some this may sound like one of those "renters that complains about everything reviews" but I assure you these are legit concerns. The TV reception was pretty bad as well. We weren't there to watch TV so it wasn't a big deal, but since it rained all day Saturday we did watch some college football. The HD channels worked except one which froze up all the time. All the other stations were very blurry. Not sure why, I checked all the cables. Maybe it's the best service they can get there...not sure. There were multiple holes in walls from the door knobs being pushed through. As I said, I'm not one to usually write negative reviews. We will definitely not go back to this house.

Also, there is another house directly to both sides of the house, so the hot tub is not "private". In fact it's a pretty clear view from the hot tub right into the neighbors porch and sliding glass doors (and vice versa).

Since we arrived late, we did not interact with the realty rental company themselves, so I can't speak to their company, however, they were helpful on the phone when we made the reservation and when we needed to let them know we would be late. The property was very poorly marked in the dark, and we drove past it twice since it was dark. Now that I've been to the area, I'm sure it would be easier to find, but as first timers to the area it was a little difficult.

A few positives were my boys thoroughly enjoyed the converted garage that had a pool table and ping pong table (although the ping pong paddles were ripped and falling apart). The grill worked fine and there was an extra propane tank available if needed. The wifi worked well. And the general area was very nice and we enjoyed being out. Otherwise, I would say this property is a mix between an outdated grandma's house and a frat house at a local college.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Pool table and Ping pong table
Liked least: Everything else
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?

Travelers are raving about these Davis hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing