“Nice place for breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Breakfast Nook

The Breakfast Nook
Ranked #9 of 21 Restaurants in Davis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Virginia
“Nice place for breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had a tasty, fresh, hot breakfast at the 'Breakfast Nook'. I got a Belgian waffle and sausage. My husband got eggs, bacon and homemade biscuits. An added bonus...I think the restaurant uses farm fresh eggs instead of commercial eggs because they offer eggs for sale at their restaurant. The staff was friendly and efficient.

• Visited May 2013

Yellow Spring, West Virginia, United States
“great place for breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stoped in for a quick breakfast as we were leaving for the weekend and was so glad we did, They had a ramp & hashbrown special that was just that "special". All the help was so nice and the food was quick and good.

• Visited April 2013
Bethesda, Maryland
“Just What a Traveler Hunting for a Country Breakfast Needs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was heading back to Maryland following a vacation at Timberline Resort and wanted a good hardy, non-hotel breakfast before heading out. Just down the road from Timberline Rd on Rt32 I discovered this gem of a place. It's in a charming lodge-like house with only a few tables and super friendly staff. It feels more like you are on someone's closed in porch than restaurant but that's the sort of thing I like.

Our breakfast was outstanding. We had eggs, waffles and blueberry pancakes plus all the trimmings. I noticed they also serve biscuits and gravy which is a southern favorite of mine but I was too full to add it afterward. Again, the food was so tasty and the portions generous. I was in heaven and even the Fox News on the TV did not bug me. They also sell local honey and farm fresh eggs.

One odd thing; they only accept cash or checks. In this day of Square and Paypal needing only a smart phone, there really is no excuse not to accept credit cards. But who cares when the food is that yummy.

• Visited April 2013
Fairfax Station, Virginia
“Good Breakfast Option”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Our server from the night before (at the Golden Anchor) recommended the Breakfast Nook (she is one of the cooks) so we tried it on an early Sunday morning. We both had cheese omlets, home fries, toast and a pancake. It was good, hot, and filling. It's a little place - but cozy. We thought the price was very reasonable, and the service was great.

• Visited February 2013
Lubbock, Texas
“Great Option for Breakfast in Davis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We enjoyed our meal at the Breakfast Nook. The waitress was very attentive and accommodating, taking good care of us; and my youngest, not being very big on breakfast, was ecstatic when he was able to order off the lunch menu. The food was good, the portions were generous and the price was very reasonable. Will most definitively return on our next visit to the nearby Land of Canaan Vacation Resort.

• Visited December 2012

Been to The Breakfast Nook? Share your experiences!