Open today: 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great for first-time skiiers

We first visited Canaan Valley, Davis and Thomas in 2006 for skiing and hiking and pleasantly... read more

Reviewed February 18, 2019
aselco
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Ski Canaan

We were present in 1974 for the opening of Canaan Valley State Resort Park, and have skied Canaan... read more

Reviewed February 25, 2019
SavantIII_11
Centerville, Ohio

All reviews golf course dining room canaan valley ski area state park ice skating rink enjoyed our stay dining facilities front desk chair lift a great place to stay year round pool area holiday weekend west virginia tubing park the main lodge
Reviewed January 15, 2019 via mobile

Was a nice weekend visit. Our lodge room was very clean with comfortable beds. Lovely breakfast buffet with many choices. Staff is friendly& helpful. Tubing was great! Would definitely go back.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed December 18, 2018

The lodge was completely rebuilt a few years ago and is now a top-notch, yet still very affordable, all-season state park resort. If you want to splurge on the 1 bedroom corner units, you will be treated to a huge living room with gas fireplace, dining table, fold-out couch, and THREE balconies with excellent views. This is always my home base when I visit the area for hiking, biking, or skiing. The only thing I noticed on this last visit was that some of the hiking trails have really suffered from an unusually wet summer/fall season. Many were flooded, overgrown, or muddy. The nicest walking path is the short, gentle river trail by the golf course clubhouse.

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank Karl S
Reviewed November 12, 2018

This is not a review of the park itself but the timing of closing for the season. I expected to play a round today (the temperature was in the mid 40s) but when I arrived at the clubhouse there was a sign on the door stating that the course is closed for the season. And that was after I had visited their website and did not see any mention of this. After I returned to my condo I checked the website again and did find that the last day for the late season rate was Nov 4th. This was after a lot of digging. You would think that they could have displayed the closing date on the first page you visit for information on the course.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed November 2, 2018

We have stayed at this resort many times, but this was our first stay since it was remodeled - what a difference! The rooms are large and spacious and the beds are very comfortable. We hiked here on a cool day, so we really enjoyed the indoor hot tub and pool area. The food in the dining room was very good, and the breakfast buffet had lots of delicious choices. There is also an outdoor pool for use during the summer. There are plenty of hiking trails right from the resort. I highly recommend staying here, especially if you enjoy the outdoors.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed November 2, 2018

This is beautiful and a great place to stay. The countryside is breathtaking to see. A must stop along our way.

Date of experience: September 2018