“You wouldn't expect this quality restaurant in a strip mall”
Review of The Dish Cafe

The Dish Cafe
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Daniels
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Dish Cafe is an eclectic culinary delight bringing unique flavor combinations and fresh ingredients to your table. We're committed to regionally grown fruits and vegetables, grass fed beef, and hormone free pork and poultry. We avoid artificial sweeteners, food dyes and genetically modified ingredients wherever possible. Our concept was created by a group of partners who wanted to offer healthy food choices to a community that's quickly discovering the health benefits of natural and whole ingredients.
Cincinnati, Ohio
“You wouldn't expect this quality restaurant in a strip mall”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Another fantastic meal ~

The Ancho Chili Seared Mahi Mahi with Mango Salsa and Red Pepper Coulis served with cherry pepper slaw and grilled asparagus.

The Mahi-mahi was perfectly prepared and the Mango Salsa and Red pepper Coulis perfectly complimented the fish ~ the cheery pepper slaw was unique ~ just the right amount of slaw and the dressing ~ I always like grilled asparagus, and this didn't let me down. The peanut butter pie was a great way to finish the dinner.

If you get near Beckley WV you have to stop here

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Cowellboy

“Exceptional food and service in a friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

The Dish Cafe in Daniels, WV has quickly become my go-to restaurant whenever I am in the Beckley vicinity. I have been there probably a half-dozen times in the past several months and I am struck by how consistent this business is: everything is always immaculately clean, the food is always fresh and flavorful, and the staff is friendly and prompt. After just a couple of visits several of the staff knew my family and I on sight and greeted us like old friends.

They will generally host live music on Saturday nights and are careful to select talented groups that reflect the family-friendly atmosphere, including both local acts and nationally-known ones. My family and I have seen some really excellent musicians perform there.

After all of those may visits I have yet to have a bad experience - it's also really cool that the management is always present and are just as friendly as the wait staff.

If you're anywhere near Beckley get to The Dish Cafe - the quality of food and service is simply outstanding!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Kurt O
Merritt Island, Florida
“Great Food & People at The Dish!!”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This is a awesome place to go for lunch, dinner, appetizers & drinks!! Every meal is great , on the weekend live music. All around a total enjoyable time. We go there with our kids and also just the 2 of us. No matter what size the party, you will have a great time & meal at The Dish!!!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Linda C
Daniels, West Virginia
“New local restaurant”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a popular cafe with locals. Health conscious folks find the menu very appealing. Service is great. It might not be the place for a family with young fussy eaters.

• Visited November 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great little place”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The Dish has a lot of potential - their menu is interesting and they have created a lot of ambiance in their location in a strip mall. We were there early on a Saturday night, and didn't have to wait for a table. I had a miso glazed salmon, which was cooked beyond my liking (the waitress didn't ask me how I wanted it cooked). My husband had spicy shrimp with polenta. It was good but very rich - a lot of butter was used in both the polenta and the shrimp, and it was a bit overpowering for our tastes. We will probably try this place again when we're back in the area.

Visited March 2014