“A wonderful place to stay!!!!!”

The Resort at Glade Springs
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Daniels
Blacksburg, Virginia
“A wonderful place to stay!!!!!”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Glade Springs Resort is a beautiful place to stay. There are so many things to do, it's hard finding the time to do them all. Everyone is very helpful and nice. The rooms are comfortable and inviting. If you are looking for a great place to stay, Glade Springs is the place.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
South Park, PA
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I stayed over Memorial Day weekend with my girlfriend. We expected the place to be packed, and although it was very busy, it is so large that we never felt crowded. We played golf one evening and were the only people on the course, except for some very friendly homeowners who drove by on their carts. Even the paddleboats and hiking trails were pretty quiet. The food was fantastic everywhere we ate and every staff member, from Tyrone at the front desk to Mike, Justin, Andrew and Kyle in the golf shop was very friendly and professional.

Williamsburg, Va
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Our daughter now works in Charleston and lives in a cramped one bedroom apt. Glade Springs has become our place to spend time with her. Reasons: Great discounts for Military. Great food and service throughout, and a wide range of activities if you feel energetic, or plenty of places to kick back if not. My wife and daughter enjoy the spa, and I like the fitness center. we have stayed there twice and every single person on the staff has been friendly and knowledgeable. I am not a golfer, but the course looks nice enough. We went to the Grill one night without a reservation. They made us up a table in the bar area (think of a cozy room with a fireplace) and the bartender waited on us and gave us wonderful service. Their barbecued salmon and wild mushroom cake were to die for! I am a bit of a snob in regards to wine, and they had a very solid selection. All in all, well cared for, well fed, and a good value.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Mt. Airy
Reviewed May 30, 2010

We had a great stay at the Resort. This is a beautiful resort, (especially for golfers), our room was extremely nice with great bed and comfort. We did visit the Bunkers Sports Bar and had a burger. Great burger (one of the best I have ever had) but the service was a little slow. Didn't really matter we were not in a hurry anyway. Had a great time and would definitely recommend this resort to everyone.

Hocking Hills, Ohio
Reviewed May 28, 2010

After staying w/ my daughter this past winter and finding the executive suite we were put in was dirty and with multiple mechanicals broken, I decided to come back and give them another try (afterall, I had a voucher fo a free night from becoming a facebook fan). I upgraded to a room in the Inn and this time, the room was very clean and well appointed. My fishing guide, Bobby Bower, was top notch. I have used other guides in the area and he's the best i've run across. The staff was friendly but it seems to me they could use a little polishing on their customer service skills. I have been in the travel/tourism industry for 12 years so maybe I'm a little harsh and notice things many travelers would not. Glade Springs has redeemed themselves and I woud recommend them to others. I love that area and hope to return for other outings.

Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed May 26, 2010

We stayed in one of the older buildings & it was just ok. This resort is geared more toward golfers than a family. Activities were overpriced in my opinion (such as bowling & horseback riding). We ate at Bunkers Sports Bar by the golf course & the food was just ok, but kind of bland. However, it is a very beautiful resort. It was also neat to see a lot of deer up close & every where throughout the resort. It would be best for someone who likes to golf & has plenty of money to spend.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Pulaski
Reviewed May 24, 2010

This was definitely a great trip, and I just wished I had had more time to be there! I would recommend this resort to anyone!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daniels
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley
Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley
Hampton Inn Beckley
Hampton Inn Beckley
#2 of 14 in Beckley

Been to The Resort at Glade Springs? Share your experiences!