A friend and I spent 2/3 and 2/4 in the Chestnut Lodge while we skied at nearby Winterplace. We chose the Lodge because it had a common area associated with the surrounding bedrooms. The common area had a fireplace and a kitchen. Well, since only two of the bedrooms in the Lodge were occupied, the common area was locked with no access. Reservations said the common area was available if the entire lodge (4-5 bedrooms) were rented out. Ok...but here's the rub: One has to walk outside, and across the street to obtain ice! Now, there's a foot of snow on the ground, so we gear up for the trek to ice. Guess what? the ice machine was broken! Called Melissa at the front desk, 24 hours later, still no ice. We used outside snow to cool our drinks. Still, $148 for a room for 2, free lift tickets for two, and breakfast, was a sweet deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort at Glade Springs is a full service destination resort offering travelers a memorable mountain escape where they can enjoy a variety of accommodations, meeting facilities, outdoor adventures and recreational options while decompressing and being themselves. Its’ ideal Southern West Virginia setting provides the total package of outdoor mountain fun, world class golf, skiing, equestrian, tennis and spa services that offers great value and surpasses expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Resort at Glade Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resort At Glade Springs Hotel Daniels
- Hotel At Glade Springs
- At Glade Springs Daniels
- Glade Springs Resort West Virginia