Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley(Beaver)(Great Value!)
$76
$55
$129
$68
1,492 results
All reviewsbowling alleyexecutive suitegolf tripgreat golfescape roommanor housesports bargolf courses areindoor poollaser tagbasketball courtrec centerskiing at winterplaceshuttle servicehorseback ridingthe main hotelpro shop
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I stayed here and attended a conference at Glade Springs and was pleasantly surprised by this resort in what I suppose would best be described as middle of nowhere. Mostly pros, but one con that could remove a star for some, but not for me.

Pros:
1. The staff was excellent. From check in to food service, to conference rooms to the bus drivers, everyone was very professional and nice.
2. I was able to get a room in one of the executive suites, and the reason why I did is because they were priced less than I normally pay for a Hampton Inn. It appears the resort is looking to make their money elsewhere because their room rates were very reasonable. The executive suites are a bunch of buildings next to the main inn and meeting area and are quite large.
3. There is a bus that will take you anywhere you want to go.
4. The buffet breakfast is pricey, but is very extensive and for those who care, the bacon was crispy.
5. The meeting rooms and conference areas were clean, large and very professional.
6. Our group had another event that was indoor/outdoor and the staff did a great job setting it up hosting it.

Possible con:
1. This resort really is in the middle of nowhere. Unless you are doing an activity through the resort or staged by a company affiliated with the resort, there is not much around. It is about 90 minutes or so from Charleston, depending on traffic. For me this was not a bit enough con to take away a star since all our activities for the meeting were at the resort.

Overall, I recommend the Resort at Glade Springs.

Room Tip: The executive suites were the same price as the rooms in the inn.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank psudino
DeAnna D, Guest Relations Manager at The Resort at Glade Springs, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear psudino,
Thank you for sharing your review with the travel community! We are delighted to see that you enjoyed our grounds and Executive Suite. Our property does give the feel of being secluded away from the hustle and bustle. Many of our guests enjoy visiting Beckley which is about 10 miles off of our property. There, guests will find shopping, attractions and more outdoor adventures. We are pleased to know that our staff as professional and nice. We appreciate you visiting us from New Jersey and hope you will join us again soon!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed at this resort for three days. It was apparent on our arrival that it is really geared to the outdoor enthusiast and golfer. Our rooms were in the hotel itself and they were very nice and well cared and the room was very "roomy" though we could hear the people in the next room if our a/c wasn't on. There is a dressing area / sink separate from the bath area which was great for us. We like to have coffee in our room every morning but the in-room coffee set up was really sad so my husband went downstairs to get our coffee. I did not go for the morning breakfast but the others I traveled with did and they said they did not care for it. This resort looks like a great spot for families that love outdoor activities. My husband played golf and enjoyed the course he played and said ti was very well cared for. I will say that even though the staff at The Bunkers and the Small Talk Cafe were very nice - the food at both places was mediocre at best. Go to "The Dish" restaurant down the road and have an excellent meal. This resort is quiet and secluded so if you aren't going to participate in outdoor activities, bring some good books to read, sit in a rocking chair on the front "porch" and take in the lovely weather.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Peggy M

Dear Peggy M,
Thank you for sharing the feedback on your recent visit. We indeed have a plethora of outdoor activities and something to do for everyone. I am sorry to see that we did not exceed your expectations with our restaurants but I was happy to see that our staff at Small Talk Café and Bunkers were very nice. We hope that you will be visiting us again soon from Texas!

Reviewed July 25, 2014

A 90 minute drive from the Charleston Airport, resort is spread over a rolling terrain. Clearly, golf is the attraction here with foursomes heading off promptly at 0700. Rooms are comfortable, if relatively Spartan. Toiletries minimal. Actually, it seems like the resort is in Beaver, WV rather than Daniels. What's in a name?

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear KARXPRT,
Thank you for visiting us from California! You are correct, we are just over an hour from the Charleston Airport and we do neighbor the town of Beaver which is just 2 miles away. From the interstates, we are just 8 miles from I-77 and five miles from I-64 so not far off the beaten path. It is great to see that our staff was nice and we hope you enjoyed visiting Southern West Virginia! We hope that you will visit us again in the near future!

Reviewed July 25, 2014

My name is Lisa Banks and I represent SERCAP. We had a staff retreat from July 14 to July 18 2014 and the staff there treated us with royalty, and the place was great..We could not go to a better place then Glade Spring. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Lisa B,
We always enjoy hosting your staff retreats and we are happy to see that our team treated your staff like royalty. We take a lot of pride in our southern hospitality and it is rewarding to know that we achieved this goal. Thank you for sharing the great review!

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Our association visits Glade Springs about every other year. By far, Glade Springs is the most popular Summer destination for my membership. Beautifully maintained grounds, golf courses are great, rooms are wonderful, staff is excellent! Great destination for families, golfers, or a couple just wanting to get away for a weekend. Highly recommend The Resort at Glade Springs as a site for your next business trip / vacation.

Room Tip: Manor House rooms or Executive Suites are GREAT.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear wvcommish,
Thank you for the kind review and high recommendations! It is so nice to see that our resort is the most popular destination for your family. We appreciate your association's loyalty in choosing us every other year and we look forward to hosting the next event!