“Perfect Golf Trip Destination” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Play All You Want Package
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Daniels
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Perfect Golf Trip Destination”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

If you are looking for an amazing golfing experience for yourself or group, contact Tracy Liliberte at GS Resort. 3 Amazing golf courses which were all in ideal conditions. The accommodations were excellent and comfortably handled the demands of our group (13 golfers). Everything about the resort was top-notch and everyone has already agreed that we are going back again next year.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Clockett2014
DeAnna D, Guest Relations Manager at The Resort at Glade Springs, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Hello Clockett2014,
Thank you for bringing your golf group of 13 to Glade Springs! We are happy that you enjoyed all three of our 18-hole courses and had ideal conditions. Our golf management teams truly provide the wow factor among our golf courses (ranking in the top five in West Virginia). It is fantastic to see that your group will be joining us again next year; we look forward to welcoming you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I recently made a trip to the heart of West Virginia and stayed at The Resort at Glade Springs. What a great experience. Not only is this part of West Virginia beautiful with ample attractions for the outdoors enthusiast to the history buff, but the the resort is just awesome. Excellent rooms and accomodations, great grilles/restaurants on site, beautiful homes and golf. Also served as a great home-base to explore the area as well... so you can either relax there and enjoy the resort or go out into the WV mountains and see some great sites and history.

Staff was on top of it.

Highly recommend an extended stay or even an overnight if you are passing through.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear B W,
Thank you for the kind review and high recommendations! Guests can certainly enjoy the outdoors whether they want to stay onsite or explore in the surrounding mountains. We are delighted that you had a great experience with us and hope you will be back to visit us again soon.
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I currently visited Glade Springs to host a business meeting and golf. We do this at least 3-4 times per year. The resort is great. We held our meetings in the conference space at the hotel which were just the size we needed. We golfed the second half of the day on the stonehaven course. All my guys had a great time. The courses looked great. Very well kept. We didn’t want to set anything big up for dinner, so we just met up at Bunkers afterwards. The staff at bunkers were great. They were able to sit all of us guys together and take great care of us. I come down to glade quite often, and whether it is just to golf or for work, everything is always good. I have a great time at the resort and highly recommend anyone check glade out.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JRod64
DeAnna D, Guest Relations Manager at The Resort at Glade Springs, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear JRod64,
Thank you for bringing your meeting and golf group to Glade Springs! We are quite pleased to see that your group had a great time and our Bunkers staff took good care of you. We look forward to hosting your group again in the near future!
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I worked with Tracy Liliberte at GS to book a 3 golf trip for 8 senior couples. Tracy was extremely easy to work with and everything was taken care of. We stayed in a Manor house which was perfectly suited for our group. We were able to walk to the Rotunda for a wonderful full buffet breakfast each morning. Everyone liked it. We are already planning to return next year!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank JeffA92952
Hello JeffA92952,
Thank you for the kind review and sharing with our travelers! Our Manor Houses are great for couples, golf groups and family reunions and we are happy they worked well for you. I will share these accolades with Tracey. We look forward to hosting your couples golf outing next year!
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My two young grandsons and I spent a great weekend at the Resort at Glade Springs for a business/family trip! We were immediately greeted with a warm welcome and friendly personality at the front desk where we were directed to our room in the Executive Suites. Our room was clean and comfortable with all the ammenities I expected. Breakfast at the Rotunda was excellent! My grandsons had all their favorite foods as well as many light/ healthy choices for me. Once again, a friendly and courteous staff! I was very impressed with my visit to the Spa and Salon as everyone was friendly and courteous... directing my grandsons to the gaming room and indoor basketball court where they could entertain themselves while I was enjoying the services offered in the Salon and Spa. The indoor pool was another great feature as we had a rain day. Very well kept and very clean! The grounds of the Resort at Glade Springs are absolutely beautiful, clean and well manicured! For the business side of my trip... every detail was taken care of and every need met. Tee times/boardroom meetings/ planned dinners/luncheons and extra-curricular activities went off without a hitch. Communications between myself and the staff at Glade Springs was excellent and when we experienced a "rain-night" for our pool party/dinner, plans were immediately changed to the beautiful tent near the pool and the party was awesome! I would recommend the Resort at Glade Springs for a week-end getaway, golf outing, business trip or family vacation... as well as a beautiful place for a wedding! I am certainly looking forward to next summer as I will be staying at this resort again!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Lori R
DeAnna D, Guest Relations Manager at The Resort at Glade Springs, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Lori R,
Thank you for sharing this great review with our travel community! We are pleased to know that our resort was successful from the planning to the orchestration of your events and that we will have the good fortune of doing it again next summer! It is nice to see that you enjoyed the grounds, lodging, spa, dining and activities with our welcoming personalities as satisfaction is what we strive for. We look forward to working with you again and welcoming your group back!
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

If you LOVE GOLF and HATE the HEAT - head to the Glade Springs Resort in Daniels WV approx. 3 hours North of Charlotte,NC. I just completed my annual golf trip in the middle of July where the average temp is 80 degrees and 3 beautiful golf courses. A cold front had our actual temp average around 72 for the week. Justin Beard the Golf Director made the Golf experience for our Group of 40 most enjoyable. The Resort Staff - especially the Ladies (Ms. Jennifer) and Chef Sam at the Bunkers Grill, the Glade Restaurant handled our group with ease. Chef Sam even prepared a special meal for our Awards Banquet (choice of Ribeye, Shrimp Scampi or Salmon) all were excellent. Be sure to ask for his special Fried Green Beans. I do want to mention that the Michelle Meadows made the Booking and Billing of our trip smooth and simple. And a Special Thanks to Anna Kincaid of Conference Services for our private room and special meal for our Awards Banquet. All the wait staff handled our 40 hungry and thirsty Golfers for 5 day 4 night experience with ease. This was our 18th annual trip and the First to Glade Springs - but it won't be the Last. We typically go to Myrtle Beach but the Heat of July encouraged us to go North. It was not only cooler, but closer to Charlotte as well. No big crowds or traffic jams, no need to leave the Resort because the Food and Service is top notch. I almost forgot to mention the 3 Golf Courses - two of the top five in the state are at Glade Springs. The Cobb course is traditional, Stonehaven elevation changes, and the Woodhaven is a tough demanding course (we used it for a Captains Choice). This week the West Virginia Open is being played on the Cobb Course. I'm ready to go back today - I definitely won't wait until next year's Annual Trip.

Room Tip: Accomondations range from single rooms in the INN to six bedroom Lodges. We had 40 golfers staying i...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank George C
Hello George C,
Thank you for the fantastic review and rating! It was a pleasure having your 40 person golf group at Glade Springs for your first visit and we would certainly love to have you back for many more. We appreciate you mentioning of all of the associates who took exceptional care of you and your group and we will share these accolades with them. Thank you for choosing Glade Springs!
Bradford, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I just left the resort after a three day getaway. It was a belated anniversary celebration. Even though our stay was okay, I wish I had chosen somewhere else for this occasion. I took advantage of a Groupon deal and am relieved we had not paid any more to stay there. I always try to find something positive to say before I critique - so here goes: The biggest positive is the resort itself. The location is wonderful. Nestled in the hills of southern West Virginia, it is a beautiful area. The grounds are lovely and I appreciated the gated community. Delightful landscaping with pretty flowers everywhere- it was so nice just to walk around. So - now for the not so good stuff: My biggest disappointment was the fact that the night before we arrived there was a fire which destroyed the outdoor pool pump house so therefore the pool was closed for our entire stay. I understand that this was a situation out of their control but this was not mentioned to us during check in and we found out thru a shuttle driver the next afternoon when I mentioned heading to the pool ( one of my favorite pastimes on vacation) . I tried the indoor pool but as others mentioned on here it was cold and no lounges - just some straight back chairs. I noticed there was an outdoor pool by their Woodhaven golf course but was told I could not use it - it was only for residents . When I expressed my unhappiness about this - no attempt was made to compensate for this situation. Like other reviewers on here - I found the front desk to be rather cold and uncaring . I had also looked forward to using the paddle boats - they did not have them. When we made our dinner reservations at the Grill our first night , I mentioned we were celebrating a big anniversary and the front desk clerk said she would make a note of it but nothing was said or done at the restaurant to acknowledge this. Our accommodations in a King Executive Suite left much to be desired . The air conditioning units in both the living room and bedroom areas were so loud. Add to that a toilet that would suddenly make noises because the tank was leaking and it made for a noisy stay. Granted I did not mention the toilet to the front desk but there is no way the daily house cleaner was not aware of this. There were little things that were overlooked - coffee packs not restocked during cleaning, and bathroom and living room not thoroughly cleaned each day. This was our first visit to the resort and will probably be our only one. All these little disappointments added up. Having stayed at other resorts and hotels where staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome and special, The Resort at Glade Springs is lacking in this area.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear proupe,
We are sincerely sorry that we did not exceed your expectations on your anniversary celebration trip. It was very unfortunate that the fire caused our outdoor pool to be closed during your visit and we are sorry this was not relayed to you upon your arrival. This can understandably damper a vacation when you are looking forward to an outdoor pool. This happened late Friday night and on Saturday we were planning alternative options. We now have an alternate outdoor pool at a sister property that is just minutes away and we are shuttling our guests to and from this pool until our pump house is back up. Our indoor pool water temperature is maintained in the upper 80 degree level, typically around 88. This week we have added several lounge chairs at the indoor pool to accommodate the increase of guest usage. Regarding our paddle boats, we temporarily removed them and added paddle boards and water balls but still offer kayaks and canoes. We hope to have the paddle boats out soon. The front desk and housekeeping issues have already been addressed with our management team. We would love to have another opportunity to show you a better experience if you would consider coming back. Please contact me if you would like to discuss your recent and future visit at 307-763-0816. I hope to hear from you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daniels
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley
Quality Inn New River
Quality Inn New River
#1 of 1 in Fayetteville
4.0 of 5 stars 177 reviews

Been to The Resort at Glade Springs? Share your experiences!