“Awesome!!!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Daniels
Hurricane, West Virginia
“Awesome!!!”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The stay was so nice. Everything was clean and staff were friendly. I would recommend Glade Springs Resort. My family enjoyed all the activities from swimming, bowling and laser tag. i cannot wait to visit again soon!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DeAnna D, Front Office Manager at The Resort at Glade Springs, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Annette 197,
Thank you for the kind review. We are happy to see that your stay was awesome and that you were able to enjoy some of our fun activities while you were here. We appreciate your recommendations and would love to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Kannapolis, North Carolina
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I stayed at this resort on January 20-21st, 2014. I am a single Mom and had four kids ages 11-16 with me. We had gone to Winterplace and were coming to check in and then going back to
Winterplace later that evening.

While I was in the drive up in front of registration another guest tapped on my window and told me my back tire was flat. Although I have definitely seen tires changed I have never physically changed one myself. Panic set in! I went inside to ask if the front desk could direct me to someone. Singh overheard me and could tell I was frantic. He immediately sprang into action. He started to try and call guys at the shop. He could not reach them so again, just taking my problem into his hands, he drove to find them and brought them back to where my car was. Once Dean got there Singh left it in his capable hands. He pumped my tire up enough to get me to the shop and I followed him there. Once at the shop he just took on this as any job he would do for a resort vehicle. He found the leak (a HUGE cut on the back side of my tire), took the tire off and then unhooked my spare and put it on. He rolled around under the car, got dirty,
and had us out of there in no time.

As I mentioned above, being a single mother, four teenagers, plans for the evening and 3-4 hours from home I could not have been more grateful. I was so thankful, but really no amount of words or money could have expressed how I felt because both of the gentlemen just took the problem on as their own and helped me relax.

I will, and already have, shared your resort name with several friends and if we go to Winterplace again there is no doubt where we would stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Heather C
Dear Heather C,
Thank you for visiting us and sharing the great feedback! We are pleased to see that our staff went above and beyond in a time of need; Singh and Dean have been commended for their efforts. We appreciate you recommending our resort and look forward to your next visit!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We had been wanting a vacation for a year and boy were we rewarded for our wait! When we arrived it was snowing lightly, but the roads were always ice free thanks to excellent maintenance. We were greeted by the security guard who welcomed us and instructed us where to locate the Inn. Upon check in, Demi provided us with all the information we needed regarding what the resort had to offer us (i.e. the spa, cinema, restaurants, etc.) and when we could enjoy the various amenities around the grounds. We checked into our room and were very pleased with the quality of the linens and furniture. The bathroom was spotless and the amount of bath linens provided was generous. The room was cleaned each day and put together beautifully as if we had never been in there. We enjoyed the breakfast provided at the Rotunda. We utilized the complimentary shuttle service to and from winterplace. The shuttle was spacious, clean, and always on time according to the times posted on the schedule. We were able to also enjoy a couples massage and pedicures at the spa (which was fabulous after winterplace). Overall, we were extremely pleased with our choice and would recommend this facility to anyone who is looking for lodging in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
DeAnna D, Front Office Manager at The Resort at Glade Springs, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear K S,
Thanks so much for the great review and recommendation! We are thrilled to see that you were pleased with all areas of our resort. We are also happy that you chose us as your anniversary destination and hope that you will celebrate with us again!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed one night at the Resort at Glade Springs. We arrived around 10:00 PM and the hotel is inside a Gated Community. The Resort is actually in the back of the community. The hotel was lit up with lighted trees and looked really nice. We stayed in the Suites behind the hotel. You check in at the hotel, then drive around back to the suites which are smaller buildings which host 4 suites each. There were no available parking slots close to our building so we had to find a spot next to another. It wasn't too far away. The outside of the building seemed a little out dated, but the inside was very modern. The suites have one bedroom with king bed and the living room has a pull out. The bed was comfortable, the pull out not so much. They had a nice ~42 inch flat screen on the wall in the living room, and a small one in the bedroom. The free breakfast buffet the next morning was very nice. It is inside the hotel, so we got up and drove back to the hotel. The buffet had everything you need. Eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, waffles, biscuits and gravy. They also had lots of fruits and bagels. The kids were completely Wowed by the place. They used the restroom and said it is the nicest and cleanest restroom they have ever been in. :) We were there for skiing so we didn't use any of the amenities at the Resort, but there were a lot and looked really fun. We had a GREAT stay at the Resort at Glade Springs, and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DeAnna D, Front Office Manager at The Resort at Glade Springs, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Keith B,
We are thrilled to hear that you had a great stay with your family! It is pleasing to see your comments on the cleanliness of our rooms and how nice the breakfast was. We look forward to having you back and hope you can experience some of the amenities we have to offer. Thank you for sharing the great review!
Davidson, North Carolina
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Accommodations and service were great. Free breakfast was a nice treat. It rained one day during our visit, and it was so nice to have the bowling alley and arcade onsite. The only disappointment was that only 1 restaurant was open on the days we were there, so we had to eat there every night. The equestrian center was also closed the whole time. It would seem that restaurants and activities would be available 7 days a week at a resort, especially during holiday weekends.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mfgaby718,
Thank you for the great rating and review! Regarding our restaurants, we have Small Talk Cafe open daily 7am-7pm and Bunkers open daily 11:30am-11pm. Glade's Italian Grill is typically closed on Sundays and Mondays and I am sorry to hear you missed dining there. Of course the Rotunda is open 7-10:30am for breakfast as well. Our equestrian center is open daily but weather dependent. I do hope that you'll have an opportunity to come back again and enjoy these facilities.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Great, secure resort. So much to do. Everything is convenient. We bowled on site, swam, skiied 8 miles away (free shuttle!) dined, so much! Family of 5, there was something for everyone. The rooms are a little dated as far as linens are concerned, too French country for me - but by no means dirty or outdated. Fit the atmosphere. Very updated. Free breakfast was really great, in abundance. I told my husband that this was truly a four season escape. We just got back in the dead of winter, deer on the property - picturesque!

• Stayed January 2014
Dear DeAnna M,
We are so glad that you had an awesome time with your family! We certainly have something for everyone. The deer are always so nice to see providing a sense of serenity to our setting. We hope you'll be back before the next winter season!
Newburg, Maryland
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We had so much fun at this resort. The staff was excellent. We went the week before Christmas and had a wonderful week snowboarding and tubing at Winterplace. In the times we weren't there we played at the Leisure center, tennis, swimming, basketball, bowling, movies, arcade games... we did it all... and had a blast!

Room Tip: my husband and I both thought this was a terrific value - we highly recommend to families that like...