New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Daniels
Maysville, Kentucky
“Glade Springs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

If you love golf you won't be disappointed. These courses have as much challenge as you can handle; if you want it easier move up to a forward tee. The greens are fabulous, actually Woodhaven is toooo fast. All the courses are gorgeous and well maintained. Staff was accomodating and friendly. Great place!! Seems there are lots of other things to do but all our group did was play golf and eat so I can't comment on the other activities.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DeAnna D, Front Office Manager at The Resort at Glade Springs, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for the great comments on our golf courses! They are quite impressive with Cobb and Stonehaven ranking in the top 5 and 6 spots of West Virginia (Golf Digest). We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit; we look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Chapmanville, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was my first experience at Glade Springs, I could not be more pleased. The property is beautifully maintained and tranquil. The resort personnel is outstanding. My only wish would be that more signs should be posted to make it easier to find the resort without getting lost. I was out of my comfort zone and I did get lost 2-3 miles before getting to the gate.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your feedback with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the property. I am sorry to hear that you got lost on your way here. We will look in to the signage and how we can make it better for our guests’ arrival. We hope to see you again soon!
Sugar Grove, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our non-profit association held their annual conference at Glade Spring and it was a great fit. The grounds were great, food was average, but it was a step up from the typical hotel conference location and gave us the feel of it being somewhat of a retreat. My only disappointment was that I tried to get me hair cut at the on-sight salon, but they had no opening over a two day period of time because locals had booked all of the spots.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am thrilled to learn that your annual conference was a great fit for our property! I am sorry to hear that our salon didn’t have any openings; our cosmetologists are very popular for their work and known quite well in the area. I hope we can get you in on your next visit.
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

My room at the lodge seemed newly furnished and fresh. The doors used electronic keycards. The grounds were lovely. Service at the front desk couldn't be better. There are three golf courses. We enjoyed visiting Bunker, a bar upstair at the clubhouse. Only quibble is that the food for my group could have been better, though we were a group made up of vegetarians and vegans. There is a learning curve in meeting the food needs of such a group, I suppose. Otherwise, the place was great. They went out of their way to accommodate our group. Very impressed. Would definitely take another group there. Didn't get to the spa but I heard it was nice. We did get a group rate which made staying attractive.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It was so nice hosting the yoga retreat! It pleases me to hear that the Front Desk served you well and that you enjoyed the grounds and Bunkers. Our catering team is working on coming up with additional options for vegan and vegetarian needs. We do hope that we will have another opportunity to host your group again.
Callahan, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We held our family reunion at the Resort at Glade Springs in the fall of 2013. The accommodations were very pleasant. We stayed in the Chestnut Hill Lodges and were quite pleased with the very private comfortable clean rooms, each with their own bathroom facilities. Then the ability to meet in the common area was just great! Plenty of room to host the whole family of 20 of us in the living room. The wide screen up on the mantle made it easy to share family videos and pictures.
We really enjoyed the grounds, the restaurants, and the golf. The Cobb course is excellent. Unfortunately the Resort decided to close down some of the fun stuff that the younger set would have enjoyed like the archery, laser tag, and some of the other things. They thought there wouldn't be much demand in the fall but from our point of view there were plenty of people looking for those kinds of activities. Their prices were a bit high; especially considering the high price for the rooms. But we figured this was a once in a life time opportunity to splurge.
The staff was friendly and very helpful.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Chestnut Lodges because there were several families in our family reunion.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the Chestnut Hill Lodges, the grounds, restaurants and golf. Our Chestnut Hill Lodges are great for families to be together. We are very sorry that some of our outdoor activities were limited for the young members of your family due to a large event we had the following week. Regarding our rates, we keep our rates comparable to other resorts, hotels and restaurants in the area and they do tend to change with the demand and the seasons. We occasionally have extra special offers for guests who are signed up through our email program. I am happy to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful. We do hope to have another opportunity to host your family again in the future and that they can enjoy the activities on a return visit.
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Attended family reunion, stayed in two lodges. Family came from all over US to get together. Disappointment started with some housekeeping issues but they did respond to our calls right away. However, all activities were closed. If I golfed, I would be happy as a lark. But any thing else in early October was closed up for the season. Not too sure why all closed up but seriously disappointing for the kids in the large group. Dinner at Bunkers was good, thank goodness because all the other choices for a large group would be too expensive. Rooms were nice, plenty of them in the lodges but need up-keep. My shower had mold growing on the wallpaper. The best part of my vacation: seeing the extended family. We made our own fun because everything else was closed (except for the pool but it was lame).

Room Tip: Lodges are great. Ask for the odd-numbered ones. The even numbered ones are on a down-slope of a h...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
DeAnna D, Front Office Manager at The Resort at Glade Springs, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your review and constructive feedback. I am so sorry to hear that your recent visit was disappointing. I am happy to hear that housekeeping was responsive and prompt and that you enjoyed your dinner in Bunkers Sports Bar. Some of our outdoor activities were closed because of preparations being made for a very large event we had the following week and I apologize that we were not able to provide those activities during your visit. Our staff is reviewing the wallpaper and that will be fixed. I would like to have the opportunity to discuss these issues with you further. Please contact me directly at 304-763-0816; I look forward to speaking with you.
Southampton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We visited Glade spring resorts 10/4-10/6. Stayed in the lodges with family. Men all went golfing and enjoyed that. We were with the kids and every activity we wanted to do with them was not available. No outdoor laser tag because they were getting ready for fright nights, no indoor laser tag as someone was using the indoor area. No archery, couldn't go fishing because there were only a few rods and the rest were locked in the boat house for the season. Bowling only available at 5pm and we had dinner scheduled with family. We did rent bikes but paid 78.00 for two adults and two children $$$ could have bought a bike for that price!! We could not even have bonfire unless we booked in advance and paid $50.00 , we had all the food to make s'mores but no lighter or matches to light fire. To top off our stay my 9 year old left his handheld game in the lodge bunk room , he was able to tell us exactly where he left it. I called as soon as we got home and left a message Sunday and got a call back Monday after 4 saying they didn't find anything! Probably wouldn't even have needed his game if there were activities to do!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Please accept my apologies that we did not meet your expectations regarding our activities. We mention in our online Activity Brochure that advance planning is highly recommended for our activities as some activities are limited in the fall as we prepare for Fright Nights. I am sorry that information did not reach you before you arrived and that we fell short in providing these services while you were here. I would love to have an opportunity to speak to you in order to ensure that we meet the needs for you and for our future guests. My direct phone number is 304-763-0816; I look forward to hearing from you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daniels
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley
Hampton Inn Beckley
Hampton Inn Beckley
#2 of 14 in Beckley
Fairfield Inn & Suites Beckley

Been to The Resort at Glade Springs? Share your experiences!