We picked this resort because it was a nicer property close to the Boy Scout Jamboree. The setting is amazing, hidden among rolling wooded hills, truly beautiful. We stayed at a “Manor House” room (not in the main building). The room was large, clean and looked brand new. We had the typical internal door opening into another room, but to our surprise it was not the usual double door, meaning we could walk into the other room as we pleased. The other room looked like some sort of common area with a kitchen and living room, but no one at the front desk said if it was a common room or part of someone’s room. And, with only the one door separating us from this area there was no soundproofing. The morning of our last day, at 8am, we were woken up by a worker using a circular saw, or sander, in the common room; not a very nice way to wake up. There are plenty of activities, we did some horse back riding and used the pool, both of which were very pleasant. The breakfast, included in the rate, was nothing different than a mid range hotel buffet. Dinner at the Glades Grill was good, but expensive for what we got. The bar food was bar food, but the atmosphere was awful, with too many TVs, and lighting that could have worked in a business office, i.e., not very relaxing. On the positive side, the bar tender poured the biggest glasses I’ve ever seen, almost a half bottle of wine per glass, and the people working at the restaurant, bar, front desk, and equestrian center were the friendliest people you could ever meet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort at Glade Springs is a full service destination resort offering travelers a memorable mountain escape where they can enjoy a variety of accommodations, meeting facilities, outdoor adventures and recreational options while decompressing and being themselves. Its’ ideal Southern West Virginia setting provides the total package of outdoor mountain fun, world class golf, skiing, equestrian, tennis and spa services that offers great value and surpasses expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Groupon, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Resort at Glade Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resort At Glade Springs Hotel Daniels
- Hotel At Glade Springs
- At Glade Springs Daniels
- Glade Springs Resort West Virginia