“A bit pricy”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Daniels
Knoxville, Tennessee
“A bit pricy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

We visited Glade Springs in early March. The beds were horrible. My husband's back ached for days after our stay. We did get a great deal-two lift tickets at Winterplace for each night of our stay and free breakfast each morning. The restaurants at the resort are very overpriced. We did enjoy the indoor pool and the basketball court at the leisure center.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Reston, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Took my family on spring break. Executive suites room was dirty, old and the heating/AC so noisy we didn't sleep well. Shudder to think how it was before renovation. It snowed all the days we were there so we spent most of our time in the leisure center which is ok with a pool, gym, volleyball and arcade. No laser tag or any of the other activities advertised. So I decided we wanted to check out a day early. They said they'd have to charge us the full price. I showed them that my email said travel insurance included but Rebecca who sent me the email in writing denied that insurance was included. If you deny a written email that is not just lying but an insult. On top of that this so called travel insurance only covers sickness and has a bunch of rip off exceptions. When I stood my ground I was told the manager Deana would call the next day which she didn't. Obviously, they don't give a rat's [--] for customers. When I showed up next morning I was offered $100 off ($188 was our daily charge for this pathetic place). I had decided to stay anyway. We did get to move to a room at the inn which was fine. The restaurants in the resort are just ok. The glade grill is a rip off with average food and exorbitant prices. Overall, this place sucked after spending almost $1000 on our 3 night stay. There are many other lower cost and vastly better resorts in WV. I am definitely not returning and I don't recommend you try this place.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Dustoff_8
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed here this past September. The resort itself is nice, but they said they had 4 restaurants on the premise- and they only had the one at the golf course that was open when we were there- breakfast costs $12 per person-which I think should be included in the cost of the room. There wasn't alot to do there...we walked around and fed the deer. They said they had a movie theatre -but I think it was more like a big TV- it was in the recreation room- which you have to drive to-so we didn't go there- and they were playing 1 movie- which was Garfield 2. The bed was very hard, and we could not sleep at all. The rooms were really clean and decorated really nice. Our smoked detector went off when we turned the heat up- so we turned it back off. It definately needed to be cleaned off on the balcony/porch areas. We were glad to get away for a night...we drove 6 1/2 hours to get there. I liked the lay out of the different buildings that are named after trees. The landscaping was very nice. I think if they just worked at it a little more...it has alot more potiential to it, and alot of the things that were not so great -could be easily fixed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BriarRose9968
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

The staff was incredible had a small issue with wifi and it was fixed immediately. We had lunch and dinner on the property and both were delicious. Stayed in a villa and the cleanliness was supurb.i would recommend this to anyone. I also wish to thank the manger Mr. Mcarthur who made helped make this one of the best trip's we have ever had and to let him and the company know how appreciated it was.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank M75van
Winter Park, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I came with my boyfriend for a snowboard trip, and have never been to the area we werent sure what to expect. The resort was beautiful and we stayed in the executive suites. The king sized bed was so comfy and we really enjoyed having a common area outside of the bedroom, so we didnt have to sit on the bed to eat our take out food! The shuttle service was fabulous with very friendly drivers! We would call the front desk and what felt like a second later the shuttle was outside our door. Overall, we loved our stay. and after receiving lift tickets for Winterplace each night of our stay we saw great value as well! would definitely come again!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

My organization works with students in a low income area. We wanted to give the students an opportunity to experience snow tubing. However, the students didnt raise enough money to take the trip this year and were planning to attend Glade Springs in 2014. I cancelled the trip a month before scheduled and we were still charged for the entire weekend. What a disappointment to take the little money the students raised for such a deserving trip.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank caranita r
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Accommodation in separately located lodges (Chestnut Hill) are excellent in terms of well furnished rooms, serene natural surroundings and convenient parking. Bit pricey but worth the overall experience. The shuttle service to sports bars and other location within the property is convenient. Friendly front-desk staff and also great service at the breakfast restaurant at the main inn. Main inn for check-in was hard to locate on a cold winter/snowing night, some clear signs on the main Lake Dr from the main entrance gate would have been very helpful for first time guests.
Roads were well maintained with all the snowfall.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daniels
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Beckley East
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley
Courtyard Beckley
Courtyard Beckley
#5 of 14 in Beckley
Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Princeton

Been to The Resort at Glade Springs? Share your experiences!