The Resort at Glade Springs
Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley(Beaver)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
$51
$71
Hotwire.com
1,468 results
All reviewsbowling alleyexecutive suitegolf tripgreat golfmanor housesports bargolf courses areindoor poollaser tagescape roombasketball courtrec centerskiing at winterplacethe main hotelhorseback ridingin great shapeshuttle service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 6, 2011

The resort sits on some of the most beautiful land that this country has to offer. I was very excited to come up to the mountains to experience a tranquil fall weekend with my family. Unfortunately the weather had other ideas, and it was rainy and cold the entire time. So, we decided to take advantage of the indoor activities offered by the resort. By the way-it was a ghost town while we were up there (end of September). We took a swim and did a little bowling at the leisure center. The bowling alley could use some renovations, or just some basic upkeep. I felt like I was visiting someone who had a bowling alley at their house. The lanes were not oiled properly. A real game could not be played. I didn't feel comfortable ordering food at the snack bar-mainly because I didn't see any. I only saw empty display cases where snacks should be. We booked this trip using a voucher from Living Social, so we got a considerable discount for the weekend. The voucher included one breakfast for my husband and I, and 2 hrs of free bowling. The breakfast resembles a Residence Inn buffet breakfast-not impressive. We roomed in one of their executive suites. The bed was very comfortable and the only good thing about the room. There was an opening under the door and the cold outside air was blowing into the room. We had to put a towel under the door to keep out the cold air. The heater was falling off of the wall, oh and that the hairdryer is hidden BEHIND the towels in the bathroom. The living space that includes a pull out couch is very very tiny. I can not see myself paying full price for this vacation. We ate dinner at the grill. Like I said the resort was dead, so we sat where we wanted and received drinks promptly, but that is where the good times ended. The service was slow. I am pretty sure they were understaffed. The food was average. We ordered brie w/ chutney for an app-it didn't come out warm and was served with some sad looking crackers. We ordered the lamb and some creamy pasta dish for dinner. The lamb was ok-very small portion and the pasta was covered in pepper. I thought that the kitchen was mad at us or something. When we did encounter the staff during our stay, they were very very kind and gracious. In the end, we made the most of the bad weather situation, but for the money, I expected a little bit more luxury. I mean, I have better restaurants, pools, and bowling alleys up the street from my house. Again, it really is on some beautiful property.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We stayed here on a deal through Living Social, which included 2 nights and vouchers for breakfast and a choice of activity. We were put in the "Executive Suites," which have a king bed, a separate living room area, and a small fridge & microwave. These suites aren't wheelchair accessible, just FYI, but they do seem to have properties that are accessible. The decor is pretty standard but everything is in good condition, and it fit the ambience of the weekend mountain escape. The front desk and event staff are friendly and rather professional. We went at the end of September, after what I expect might be a busier summer season, so it was mostly quiet around the resort and we were able to really take our time and enjoy the environment. Once we were in our room, we couldn't hear any other guests in the other suites of the building, although we saw a few others during check-in and around the resort.

They have quite a selection of activities available, and we were only able to do a handful of them. The highlight was a 1-hour horse ride. It was really good, compared to many typical "rides." There was a very active tour around the hills in the area... nothing unsafe, but certainly it felt like real riding compared to just a walk around the pasture! We also bowled, went swimming, pitched horseshoes, took a couple of long walks. Not many things are free, but most things are not too expensive.

One potential limitation is that everything is spread out. You either have to drive, plan a long walk, or get the shuttle around the property. Once we realized that, it wasn't a big deal, but we hadn't expected that the different experiences would be so decentralized.

In terms of food, the Rotunda breakfast is forgettable--we ate it using our vouchers but weren't willing to pay for the second day. We didn't try the Grill. The sports bar had pretty good food: pizza was better than most delivery places, a fine salad, and some of the best onion rings we have ever had. The service is low-key, so don't expect a rush but everything will be handled with a smile.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2011

great overall value staying in executive suites, a worthwhile upgrade from the typical interchange hotels for not much more money. It really makes a difference breaking up the typical monotony of sales travel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Glade Springs has all of the resort ammenities within this mostly rural area. Its a great location for the spa and golf, but it also has access to many of the whitewater and other adventure activites in the local area. Chances are you are headed to Bleckly, WV for whitewater activites and probabbly dont need a resort. So the fact that they have one is a pleasant surprise. This is not a 5-star resort! I am not sure why anyone would be expecting one in rural West Virginia? The lesuire center is agreat place for kids and adults (cinema, bowling, indoor pool, basketball court, etc). I think the price is pretty reasonable for a resort as well. We had a large group and they did a great job of transporting us to the various activites outside of the resort as well. Not too many fine dinning establishments in this part of WV.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank AtlantaExplorer
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Great family resort! There's plenty to do for all ages! Ground staff, housekeepers, service personnel are very friendly and helpful! Loved the equestrian center- the staff are excellent and are quite capable of helping those of us who are "horse challenged." Golfing was also wonderful! The grounds are beautiful and the food is great! I recommend this resort to families and anyone who needs to get away for awhile!

• Stayed: September 2011