“What a disappointment!!!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Cross Lanes
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cross Lanes
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The hotel was recently opened with maintaince issues already, one of the lights in my room were hanging off the wall, I had hair in my bathtub and on my sheets. I arrived rather late and the night auditor was anything but helpful. They had a back door in the building that looked like it led to a mud pit and the parking lot was suspect at best. I would definitely be stopping at another property.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank CakesinGa
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cross Lanes, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear CakesinGa,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I sincerely regret that your stay was negatively affected by the sub par maintenance on site. Kindly be assured that I have noted your comments and we will use them to further enhance our services. We take the confidence our guests place in us to rectify unsatisfactory circumstances.

While we understand your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make it as best as it can be.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Short story long - - After getting no sleep at another HIE property last night, I arrived at the Charleston airport at 4:30 a.m. for my 5:40 flight this morning. At 5:45 we were informed the flight would be delayed until 10:00 because the crew was late getting in - - weather problems in the upper midwest yesterday. I would miss my connection and there were no options to get out today. At 6:00 a.m. I was in need of a hotel room (I would definitely not be going back to last night's property). The young woman at the rental car counter suggested I try this HIE near her home. She said it was brand new and just far enough from the city center I would not run into all the concert-goers from last night's big event. I drove the quick 15 minutes to the hotel and the very pleasant, efficient Seth got me all fixed up with a spacious, spotless, beautiful room. I was able to check in right away, grab a quick, tasty breakfast, work all day from the hotel (great internet connection), sneak in a short nap, and now I'm ready for a quiet night's sleep before heading back to the airport.

Everything about this property is first-class from the building and grounds to the staff to the ventilation system . . . everything.

Please do yourself a favor and drive the few extra miles. Still a very easy commute to the airport - - or the mall downtown (but that's another story - - great mall!)

Room Tip: I cannot think there is a bad room here. It's off the road just far enough there is no truck no...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
TwinkleFOM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cross Lanes, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear MrsSimptom,

Thank you for the great review! I am will be sure to pass on the great comments to Seth! He is one of our great assets! I am glad to hear you chose our hotel amidst so many other great hotels near the airport! We appreciate the feedback for future travelers and hope to see you again in the near future!

Thank you again for choosing our hotel and the terrific feedback!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We have stayed here twice while taking care of family business in Cross Lanes. The location is very convenient with easy access to interstate 64. There are plenty of restaurants as well as a Walmart near by. The location is relatively new and well laid out, the rooms are spacious and clean with a friendly and accommodating staff. The free breakfast is more than adequate, fresh, and well stocked. While the grounds and surrounding area is not glamours this is one of the best choices in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sc0tt013,

Thank you for your honest feedback! We do have a great location and we're happy to hear you enjoyed the area! We do understand the condition of the grounds, however due to the hotel opening in mid-January, there was only so much that could be done to the grounds and landscaping. However, we have upgraded all of our landscaping and you will be impressed!

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for the terrific feedback! Please come back and see us again soon!!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express is apparently only two months old. The hardest part was finding it! Call first for directions. I believe my map had the old address in its system and we could not find it until we called for directions. The staff was friendly, the room clean and breakfast was decent. Modern decor, comfortable bed and I LOVED the white comforter! Clean! Overall an excellent stay.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear JRawli,

Thank you for your honest feedback! We admit we are a little tricky to find because we are tucked away in the hills of the West Virginia, but we are well worth it!! Thank you for choosing our hotel and for the valuable feedback! I will be sure to pass on the great comments to the entire team at the Holiday Inn Express.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

This hotel is fantastic. Kirk (the front desk associate) was pleasant and very accommodating. The hotel was very clean, the staff was friendly and the rooms were huge! It had a great breakfast in the morning. The pool was nice and warm and made my life easier because my kids were happy.
The hotel staff had also made cheesecake squares and free popcorn. Very nice touch!
Thank you to Kirk and the staff for a great experience.

Room Tip: Book the suite. It's enormous!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear DMammer,

Thank you for your great feedback! Obviously we are in the service industry and we aim each day to create "fantastic" Holiday Inn Express guest experiences for each of our guests. When we're successful, we celebrate! Thank you for giving us a reason to celebrate!!

We also thank you for sharing your feedback and for choosing our hotel! We hope you'll come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is a Brand New Holiday Express, clean, comfortable and convenient to 64. Great breakfast, great rooms and great service. Love the people that work there, they are guest first and it shows in their friendly attitudes. Love this place.....You can't go wrong

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KP-BWW

Dear KP-BWW,

Hello there! Thank you for the great feedback about our guest rooms and staff and we loved seeing you return every time!

We thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Very nice hotel which just opened in January 2013. I was a guest on business and stayed for 30 days which I could not be happier. The staff was very friendly and helpful from beginning to the end. The room was very nice and AC/heating unit was the most quite wall unit I have listen too.

Thanks for a graet stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear JDensel,

We are very glad our hotel is everything you hoped for. It is always great to receive such wonderful comments. Thank you for the valuable feedback and hope to see you very soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cross Lanes
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
#2 of 3 in South Charleston
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston South
Charleston Marriott Town Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cross Lanes? Share your experiences!