“New, nice, friendly and clean”

Holiday Inn Express Cross Lanes
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cross Lanes
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“New, nice, friendly and clean”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

This Holiday Inn Express is apparently only two months old. The hardest part was finding it! Call first for directions. I believe my map had the old address in its system and we could not find it until we called for directions. The staff was friendly, the room clean and breakfast was decent. Modern decor, comfortable bed and I LOVED the white comforter! Clean! Overall an excellent stay.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
TwinkleFOM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cross Lanes, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear JRawli,

Thank you for your honest feedback! We admit we are a little tricky to find because we are tucked away in the hills of the West Virginia, but we are well worth it!! Thank you for choosing our hotel and for the valuable feedback! I will be sure to pass on the great comments to the entire team at the Holiday Inn Express.

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
North Olmsted
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This hotel is fantastic. Kirk (the front desk associate) was pleasant and very accommodating. The hotel was very clean, the staff was friendly and the rooms were huge! It had a great breakfast in the morning. The pool was nice and warm and made my life easier because my kids were happy.
The hotel staff had also made cheesecake squares and free popcorn. Very nice touch!
Thank you to Kirk and the staff for a great experience.

Room Tip: Book the suite. It's enormous!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear DMammer,

Thank you for your great feedback! Obviously we are in the service industry and we aim each day to create "fantastic" Holiday Inn Express guest experiences for each of our guests. When we're successful, we celebrate! Thank you for giving us a reason to celebrate!!

We also thank you for sharing your feedback and for choosing our hotel! We hope you'll come back and see us again soon!

Lima
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is a Brand New Holiday Express, clean, comfortable and convenient to 64. Great breakfast, great rooms and great service. Love the people that work there, they are guest first and it shows in their friendly attitudes. Love this place.....You can't go wrong

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KP-BWW
Dear KP-BWW,

Hello there! Thank you for the great feedback about our guest rooms and staff and we loved seeing you return every time!

We thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Pine River, WI
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Very nice hotel which just opened in January 2013. I was a guest on business and stayed for 30 days which I could not be happier. The staff was very friendly and helpful from beginning to the end. The room was very nice and AC/heating unit was the most quite wall unit I have listen too.

Thanks for a graet stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear JDensel,

We are very glad our hotel is everything you hoped for. It is always great to receive such wonderful comments. Thank you for the valuable feedback and hope to see you very soon!

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We arrived late at night with our basketball team and even though we had made the reservations ahead of time the process took almost an hour. The check in staff were nice but nothing was ready. When we got to our rooms finally, my son went to take a shower and there was men's dirty underwear and a dirty t-shirt left on the sink counter!! I called the front desk and they said the room was last cleaned three weeks ago!! They moved us to another room and when I opened the door the entry light was blown out so I had to find another light in the dark. I looked the room over (this room was a downgrade to a single room, I had been in a sweet) and found one of the beds looked slept in!! There was a good bit of dark hair on the sheets!! The other bed seemed ok. When I called the front desk again (it's now 11:30 at night!) I asked them to come up and look at it. The assistant manager agreed with me, said that this room was cleaned two weeks ago. She asked if I wanted another room but I was too exhausted to move again and no promises the next room would be any different. She said she would have a manager talk to me the next morning and she would recommend this night be free. The next day I met the manager and he gave our team coupons to BW3 that when we got there were not what he claimed the values to be!! I was livid. I met with him again and said I wanted that night to be credited and referred to his signs in his rooms that said "if we can't make a part of your stay right, then that part is free!" He refused to honor this!! When I pointed out the dirty underwear and the slept in bed he said the underwear was just over looked and the bed was fine but everything was clean!! He was the most unpleasant man I've ever dealt with and the worst hotel ever!! We moved out (over six rooms) to a Sleep Inn (one of the best ever!!) right next door within an hour of me trying to reason with this manager!!! Whatever you do, don't stay here!!!!! Go to the Sleep Inn instead.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Belinda7868
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cross Lanes, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Belinda7868,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We welcome our guests’ insight as it makes us aware of the areas we can improve in. I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your stay as we always strive to provide a unique experience to all our guests. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to the room accommodations you encountered and service received from our staff. Rest assured this feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Once again, thank you for posting your comments.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fairview
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel had just opened the week before and it was beautiful of course but at check in when I told the clerk that we were there celebrating my husbands birthday she automatically upgraded us to a Suite. Everyone was very friendly and helpful with directions too. We had a wonderful stay and plan to go back in the future. Loved that it was just a hop up the road to the casino. The breakfast was much more than we expected. Great value and amazing staff!!

Room Tip: Call the hotel direct for the best price, they will match the deals
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear WVTinkerbell,

Thank you for the great compliments! I was the Front Desk Personnel to checked you in that evening and I was happy to upgrade you to a suite for your birthday celebrations! We are glad you enjoyed our brand new facility and hope to see you again on your birthday next year or hopefully even sooner!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is less than 6 weeks old according to the desk clerk. As expected from a new hotel, extremely clean and in excellent condition. Could tell the staff was new and still learning a few things, room keys had to be reprogrammed to get into room and took a bit to get my receipt, but these are minor issues that I am sure will be ironed out soon. The only complaint I would have is the bed was rather hard, but this is not the only hotel chain with this same issue.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear SRCooper,

Thank you for your honest feedback!! I am disappointed to learn we dropped the ball on more than one occasion and will certainly share your feedback with our Team so we can continue to improve on our Holiday Inn Express guest experience. As a new hotel, it does take guest experience and time to work out those minor kinks, but we would proudly say it has all been worked out and operating smoothly now.

We hope to see you again in the near future! Thanks again for your valuable feedback!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cross Lanes
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
#2 of 3 in South Charleston
Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charleston South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#1 of 3 in South Charleston

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cross Lanes? Share your experiences!