“nice room for the price”

Motel 6 Charleston West - Cross Lanes WV
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Cross Lanes
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful when we arrived and checked out. There are a number of breakfast restaurants at the same exit on I-64 on the west side of the city.

It is an old fashioned style motel and you can park right outside your room. The room had been totally refurbished and was nice by motel standards with a sort of Scandinavian design. Very contemporary feel to the room. Good beds and pillows. Brand new large television.

I'd recommend this place for sure.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank trekkerman9

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We booked a room at this place because we were traveling with our little dog. HOWEVER, after checking in I went to the room and almost fell over from the STINK when I opened the door. Went back to the desk and complained and was offered another room. Guess what, yes it STINKS too! In addition, my wife checked the mattress and it was beyond gross. The mattress was stained, dirty along with questionable stains in the corner of the mattress at the seams. I went back to the front desk and received a full refund. We were going to sleep in our car if we had to because there was no way we were staying at this place. The front desk guy was Extremely friendly and helpful and it was not his fault this place is a pig pen. We found a room at the Holiday Inn in South Charleston, on 2nd Ave. The price was about $99 plus $25 for the dog however it was well worth it. Take our advice, go to the Holiday Inn. It's very upscale and well worth the money.

Room Tip: Don't bother, go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Haymaress
Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 Charleston West - Cross Lanes WV, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Haymaress,

We apologize for the unsatisfactory conditions you encountered on your recent visit. The room odor & mattress cleanliness issues you described is not consistent with our standard for quality at Motel 6, and we are very sorry that you didn’t stay with us as a result. Thank you for your review; we take your feedback very seriously and will take it into account as we work to improve our guests’ experience with us. Please contact our Guest Relations department so we will have a record of your experience: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

The rooms at this motel are acually quite nice. What let it down was the location and the service. I got the feeling that the hotel is in a bad part of town. At night, there are some odd characters hanging around.

The remote in my room wasn't working so I went up and asked the staff about it. A blonde lady said she would come down to look at it and bring some extra towels down - never happened.

In the future, I'll be picking a higher quality hotel. Maybe something closer to the casino.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Rebecca M
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We have stayed here a few times over the last several years and it has gone quickly down hill , this was our last stay. As soon as the lights came on all you could see was a floor covered in hair like it had been washed and waxed onto the floor, Then we discovered there was one set of towels for us to share (asked for another set told none available?) Empty tp roll and no extra in room, desk said they would send us some( never showed up). No coffee, fridge, or microwave in room and only one cup to share. Our entertaiment for the evening was drug deals on one side and orgies on the other . That was topped off with a fight outside our window that resulted in a huge crack and the desk clerk telling us"that happens sometimes". No offer for a refund, different room or even an apology. i can say howver there were no bugs as of yet anyway.

Room Tip: Pay the extra to go closer to the casino it is much safer and surely you will rest better.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gandlk
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I wasn't expecting much, just a good night's sleep for not too much $$. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful, got AARP rate of $45. Room was sparse but clean, 32" flat screen and king bed. I was very comfortable, slept well, did not feel unsafe and spent little money. I would come back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed at this Motel a couple weeks ago. No problems at all.

THEN??? I booked a room last week. I'm a woman who works out of town and travels a lot. My husband wants me to be safe.

I was given a room at one of the back lots - very secluded. I pulled up to 2 men drinking on the front sidewalk right beside my room. They weren't doing anything wrong but I got a bad vibe right then.

I wasn't even in my room for 10 minutes when I got a knock on my door. WTH? I peeked and opened my chained door to some druggie looking at me and I quickly slammed the door. I sat there for about 10 minutes and packed up my stuff and left.

I went back to the front desk and the woman was very nice to me and refunded my money. I went to a Holiday Inn. I was told from friends in the area that this wasn't a safe place to stay and I totally learned my lesson in 15 minutes. SCARY SCARY SCARY.

I know I rated these things excellent because they were. It's just a scary area. The motel itself is fine.

Room Tip: Be careful.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed at this motel Oct 25 and 26. After reading the reviews of this motel I was worried about staying here. I found this motel to be very clean roomy and well maintained. Housekeeping cleaned my room while I went to breakfast, clean towels and room cleaned very nice. The staff was all friendly and went the extra mile to make sure that you were happy. One of the things I did not realize, the reasons for the hard wood floors. Motel 6 is very pet friendly and they sanitize the floors each time someone stays there. I as a pet owner appreciate this. There was all fresh coffee in the lobby.

Room Tip: They will call a van for you to go to the casino.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 4 in Cross Lanes
Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, WV
Mardi Gras Casino & Resort

Been to Motel 6 Charleston West - Cross Lanes WV? Share your experiences!