“Clean, Friendly Staff”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cross Lanes
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stopped here on a one night stay as a rest night. We were driving down south. Upon entry Ms. Hsu greeted me. She was wonderful to my family the whole night! When we checked in, around 6pm, they were serving stew and biscuits!! The room was clean and very small. We had two double beds. We ate in the main eating area of the hotel because the room was too small for my family of four to eat in. Again Ms. Hsu was chatting with us, and offered us some more snacks. This was better then the hotel we stayed at in Myrtle Beach! This was one of the cleanest friendliest hotel I've stayed at.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

This was a one night stay on our way home. Loved it! Staff was nice, facility and rooms clean, comfortable bed, and delicious breakfast. They must have a significant Asian clientele as they had rice, tea, and miso soup for breakfast along with waffles, sausage, eggs, etc. We'd stay again.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My family and I stayed at this location the weekend of July 11th. The hotel makes a great impression upon walking into the lobby and did not disappoint throughout the stay. Rooms were clean and comfortable with a modern decor. The late breakfast hours were a plus for us, we never turn down the chance to sleep in. On the morning of our departure we did have a mishap in one of our rooms where housekeeping entered before we had checked out, but the manager quickly offered a face-to-face apology. I will definitely stay at this location again next time I'm visiting the Charleston area.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2014

My husband and I stayed one night at this property in late May 2014. It is located south of Charleston, but many restaurants and amenities are close by. If I can remember correctly, this Sleep Inn had won an award the previous year; it was well deserved. I asked for an upgrade on check-in and was given a suite. The breakfast bar was more than adequate, and our room was upgraded and had a marvelous mattress. I give it a high recommendation.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2014

This used to be a regular stop for us. It was nice staying here again and seeing the improvements. Location is excellent. You can walk to Cracker Barrel next door and there is a new casino (entertainment) / shopping approximately 1-2 miles. The hotel has been refurbished and upgraded. Our room was clean and the mattress new. Breakfast was the standard fare and well stocked despite a large rush of customers. There was an after hours program that offered Jambalaya the night we visited. The only problem we encountered was with the front desk staff on being a Choice Privileges member. As a diamond member, I asked if an upgrade was available and the young lady told me I had booked through the internet and none were available. So I said, does this mean that if I book through the internet next time upgrades won't be available and so began a conversation in Orwellian doublespeak. I should have pursued it with the manager and clarified hotel policy.

SUGGESTION FOR IMPROVEMENT: Your Choice Privileges program is very weak and needs to be beefed up. The front staff did recognize me as a member but not a diamond member. There were no goody bags or other programs for members. It is one of the poorest programs I've seen in years.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My mother in law, son, and myself stayed here in April 2014 for my husbands Police Academy Graduation. When you you pull up you notice there is plenty of parking. As we walked in I spoke to the lady at the front desk who was really rude to me when I asked if my mil could pay cash when we left in the morning even though I had a credit card on file, she treated me terrible when I asked that. I had booked the room with the credit card because I know how hotels work but my mil offered to pay for the room when we left so I had to explain it to her. Other than that it was great. We got to our room and we were near the elevator which is a plus when traveling with a toddler. They also had a mini fridge and microwave in the room. The room was a little small but was fine because we only stayed one night. They had a great indoor swimming pool and hot tub. My son loved it. The night staff was AMAZING they had made popcorn and coffee and brought us extra pillows super quick. Setting up a wake up call was very easy as well. The shower was super spacious for only being a stand up stall and water pressure was great, there were also plenty of towels.The beds were too hard to get comfortable in thought. In the morning they offered free breakfast, it was great too. They had multiple types of cereal,fruits,coffees, yogurts, juice, bread, muffins, english muffins, and bagels. Also they had sausage, bacon,eggs, gravy, and you could make your own waffles. I was amazed by the breakfast selection and space. They also gave us a discount becuase we were there for the police academy. Overall great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This hotel was a diamond! This was a last minute booking on our way through West Virginia and it was wonderful. The staff was so pleasant and very helpful. We had coffee, tea, sandwiches, cookies and popcorn available for "free" whenever we wanted. The room was beautiful and the pool and hot tub were great too! A must if you are anywhere near this town.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
#2 of 3 in South Charleston
Hampton Inn Winfield/Teays Valley
Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!