“The place to stay if you're in Cross Lanes/ Nitro area.”

Wyndham Garden Cross Lanes Charleston
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cross Lanes
Blackwood, United Kingdom
“The place to stay if you're in Cross Lanes/ Nitro area.”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Well here I am again. Arrived early evening after an 18 hour journey from South Wales and was immediately impressed with the make over (which was in progress when I visited this time last year. Room was very clean and comfortable and got a good night's kip. The staff are very accommodating and made me feel very welcome as usual.The manager Cindy welcomed me back and was very helpful when I was trying to sort out car hire. (She also posted me some postcards). The cleaners were a friendly bunch and said Good Morning every day ( something you rarely get in the UK).The facilities are superb, really like the pools and sauna.Breakfast was filling even though the way Americans do bacon I found different to what we have at home. Always shedloads of hot coffee on tap . I would recommend this hotel to anyone, ( or as I would say in my native Welsh language , mae gwesty ydy yn wych. Diolch yn fawr i bawb am popeth)

Room Tip: ask for the recently refurbished ones, tidy they are.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Leslie H
ComfortInnWV, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Cross Lanes Charleston, responded to this review, October 21, 2014
It is always a pleasure to have you with us each year you travel or Cross Lanes, WV. You allow us to live vicariously in Wales from the many stories you share and it is always fun listening to your accent.

We are enjoying the tea you sent and want you to know how very much we appreciate your kind gestures to send them from your country. As you know we stay busy and tea time is a treat and provides us with great memories of your pleasant visit with us.

We look forward to seeing you the next visit to our area.

God Bless.

Cindy Bagwell, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Bartlett, Tennessee
Reviewed May 31, 2014

While we were attempting to make reservations for travel across country, we contacted this unit based on the internet postings that stated they are a pet-friendly location. When we actually tried to book the room, we were told that they are "no longer pet-friendly". This is something that we thought other travelers might want to know.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback from your stay with us in May. While we have fixed the advertisement that states we accept pets to the fact that no longer accept pets, we want you to know the staff here are pet lovers.

Hopefully, if you are traveling through our area and need a place to stay when you have left your beloved with a trusted loved one, you will consider staying with us.

Glenwood, West Virginia
Reviewed May 30, 2014

First the good news: We stay here whenever we can take a mini-vacation. It is very close to the casino and there is a free shuttle bus. There are two pools, one outside and one inside. Next to the pool is a bar. There is also an exercise room, and a great sauna as well as a hot tub. We spent two nights and the weather was pool perfect both days. There is also a really good free breakfast: real scrambled eggs and real bacon (baked) plus the sausage gravy and biscuits, yogurt, cereals, breads, coffee and juices; plus three free computer stations and Wi-Fi. The room had a refrigerator and a microwave; the shower head was great, and housekeepers/staff were very friendly and helpful.The bad news: After going to bed the first night I started to hear a chirping sound. At first I thought it was in the hallway. But it persisted and became more frequent. I got up and discovered it was our smoke alarm. I couldn't find the battery to disconnect so it kept going off (every 40 seconds). My wife slept through it so as not to wake her I waited till morning to report it, and it was fixed later. The second night was fine. The only other disappointment (minor) was that the bar didn't have any chicken (was told they had none for a week) so none of the appetizers with chicken (which were many of them) were available. Overall though we had a great time and we will return.

Room Tip: I understand some rooms have been remodeled, so ask if one is available.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank your for taking the time to provide us with such informative feedback from your stay with us in May of this year. We have since found and fixed the problem with the chirping smoke alarm, there was a recall on them. I apologize for the lost sleep and lack of food in the lounge.

We will use your comments to ensure we are making the right decisions to keep our guests happy. You are appreciated.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Heading home from Myrtle Beach, we had planned on staying in Beckley, but ran into 2 hotels with rude front desk clerks. We decided to move on and knew we needed to find something before Ohio. Comfort Inns are our usual first choice, so when our tired butts (myself and 77 year old mom) saw the hotel, we were happy. The hotel looked very nice and safe (our car was once stolen while staying overnight at another chain), but when I was told the price I was floored. I guess there was a tournament in town and the hotel is close to a casino. I guess that means you can jack your rates up. I will say the front desk clerk was a charming man and very helpful in trying to find us a hotel in a the area, but we were too tired and I just sucked it up and paid the $138 for a double. The room was very nice with nice pillows, but nothing over the top. Breakfast choices were the usual hotel fair, but it was so crowded you had to share a table with other travelers (which was ok for us as I a super social person.) I was just erked at the price as I only paid $115 a night for a beach front 6th floor room and going down paid $80 for a Quality Inn (in the same Choice Hotels Family). Here is my tip: Make a reservation beforehand. The good old days of just stopping at hotel and getting a decent rate at a nice place are gone.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank your for us with valuable feedback from your stay with us in May of this year. It's nice to see you enjoyed your stay.

I apologize you found the rate to be pricy. We do have several room types the provide lower rates that are very nice and comfortable.

I invite you to stop by on your next trip to the beach and give us another try. Our rates are rarely in that price range.

We appreciate your comments and look forward to see you all again in the future.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed May 21, 2014

The best staff of any hotel that I have stayed. Great room, indoor pool, lounge, lobby and breakfast area. The employees made us feel right at home. The service of a Ritz at a Comfort Inn. Great location next to the casino. We will be back!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback from your stay with us in May of this year. Your kind response will serve as encouragement for our continued goals of excellence.

We use the Ritz Carlton's book, The New Gold Standard" to live by as a way to treat our guests.

We appreciate you and look forward to having you back in the future.

Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent a Sunday night at this Comfort Inn. We found it to be easily accessible from the interstate and we were able to park in a safe, lighted area right near the door. Our room was on the second floor witch was no problem since an elevator was nearby. Our room was a bit narrow, but very modern, quiet and clean. We prefer two queen beds, but these double beds were extra long and very comfortable. The bathroom was clean and there was easy access to the shower which provided plenty of hot water. Breakfast was quite good. It consisted of sausage, bacon and eggs, sausage gravy and biscuits, cereal, yogurt, fruit, and waffles. Motel personnel made sure the food did not run low and stayed hot. Speaking of hot, their coffee was hot and very tasty. This motel is clearly a cut above the rest. And, the best part is it was cheep, around $87 for our nights stay with our AAA discount. I recommend this Comfort Inn highly. We will stay there again if we come back this way some time.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of our hotel from you stay in May of this year. It's nice to see you felt comfortable while you were here. We are on the last portion of our renovations and would like to let you know our double bed rooms are being renovated in to queen beds for your added comfort. So when you return please don't hesitate to ask for one.

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Cindy the manager & Cindy in housekeeping they are very caring about the hotel as wellas the guests. They make me fel so welcomed.
The rooms are clean the breakfast is great. Lazy Dog saloon is a lot of fun. The employees especially housekeeping do a great job. And very hardworking.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Candi R
ComfortInnWV, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Cross Lanes Charleston, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Hospitality is an art we are passionate about and I am happy you are able to feel the care we love to give our guests. Your mention of the staff and the hardwork they put in is rewarding and will not be forgotten. Thank You!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cross Lanes
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
#1 of 3 in South Charleston
Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge

Been to Wyndham Garden Cross Lanes Charleston? Share your experiences!