“Overall, pretty good stay.”

Wyndham Garden Cross Lanes Charleston
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cross Lanes
Bamberg, South Carolina
“Overall, pretty good stay.”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My family and I just stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Overall, it was a pretty good stay.
Pros: The room appeared to be pretty clean. The bathroom was very nice and clean. The breakfast was excellent! The manager was VERY helpful. She was a tall, African American lady, I did not catch her name. There was a mix up with my reservations, and she did everything she could to make it right.
Cons: I called on the morning of arrival to see if we could check in early. The desk clerk, Tracy, assured me that a room was ready and we could get in. I had requested a room on the first floor (because as of now, the hotel does not have elevators, but they will be getting one) and a refrigerator and microwave in our room. I asked if the room that was ready met my requests, and she said yes. We showed up fifteen minutes later, and she says she has no rooms ready. At this point, the manager stepped in and was very helpful. We ended up being able to check in early into a room on the first floor, but we still had not refrigerator and microwave. Another con, although the carpet was vacuumed, it was FILTHY!!! My children's socks told the story. The carpet was dark, so you can not tell from the naked eye. In addition, the beds were pretty hard, but oddly enough, I was still able to sleep ok.

I would stay at this hotel again. I would just like to see a little better customer service, and the carpet cleaned.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank 674unknown
Heather P, VP of Sales & Marketing at Wyndham Garden Cross Lanes Charleston, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Hello to our Southern Visitors,

First, let me thank you for taking the time to share your family’s experience with us as well as your fellow travelers! It is always nice to hear that the cleanliness of our rooms are up to par and it is my pleasure to share with you that we are renovating the entire hotel and soon the rooms will all have brand new carpeting!

Our GM is Cindy Bagwell and she genuinely cares about the guests and always strives to help them anyway she can; it will make her day to know that her efforts were noticed.

We sincerely hope you visit us again in the future and see all of our renovations! As for any suggestions on customer service or your experience at the hotel, please email us directly any time, as we would love to discuss your thoughts in more detail.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Suffield, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The Comfort Inn was able to accomodate the needs of myself and my family on short notice. The room and bathroom was clean and the bed comfortable. The room was quiet even though we stayed in the room that overlooked the entrance. The free breakfast was a nice perk and the location right off the highway was very convenient. There was a smoky odor to the room but it appears that is being taken care of and the entire hotel is now smoke free.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hello Katherine,

Thank you very much for your feedback! I am so pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate you and your family on short notice; that can be a stressful situation for travelers and we understand.

It is also wonderful to know that the room and bed were to your liking. Please stay with us again in the future, we'd love to have you back!
West Chester, Ohio
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stopped in from a long day of travel. The customer service was excellent. The room was what we expected, 2 doubles. The walk to the room did have a smokey smell but we know that is being taken care of now. The pools were both open and the whirlpool/hot tub was a relaxing way to close the evening. The pools, indoor and outdoor were open til 10pm and 11 pm, allowing for some rest and relaxation. The breakfast was scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, cereal, fruits, make your own waffles with regular and chocolate batter, coffee, and fruit juices. orange, apple,cranberry. The breakfast makes it a great value when you consider it is all you can eat which we would have spent at least $20-$25 at McD's or similar with two teenage sons. Close to other chain restaurants for good choice of a dinner out. Did not use the bar but it looked busy. Good choice for an overnight stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank John B
Heather P, VP of Sales & Marketing at Wyndham Garden Cross Lanes Charleston, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear John,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with everyone! It is nice to hear that you and your family enjoyed your meals with us; and hopefully saved a few dollars too.

Here at Comfort Inn, we feel it is extremely important to us that each and every guest experience excellent customer service. It is also reinforcing to our Front Desk associates to hear positive feedback, thank you.

As for the renovations, you are correct that we are no longer a smoking facility and we are working hastily to ensure the hotel reflects that change.

We hope to see you and your family again in the future!
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We stayed here last May during a funeral. The motel was undergoing rennovations and it needs them, even in the rooms. The room heat and AC only had two settings, on or off! For the $95.00 a night rate, we thought it was very low budget,

The free breakfast was very basic and one family came down with their barefoot children dresses in their "Jammies". The motel has no elevator and we were located on the second floor.

The staff, however, is very friendly. There is also a good bar that serves very recently priced drinks. Overall, it is a basic stay at best, when you consider the price.

Rob and Teri

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Wyndham Garden Cross Lanes Charleston, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear Rob & Teri,
I would like to first offer my condolences on your loss and second, apologize for any inconvenience you and your family experienced while staying at our hotel. The issues you mentioned highlight the very reason we are doing the renovations; unfortunately these changes take time but rest assured we are working hard to improve the property for your comfort and convenience. We want to ensure that all of our guests have the best experience possible.
Thank you for your feedback and suggestions, they are invaluable to us. Although we are undergoing some major renovations that will make vast improvements to our facilities, we still have the opportunity to implement our guest’s suggestions into our renovation plans. I will be sure that your suggestions are taken into consideration when moving forward with our transformation.
I also want to take this time to thank you for your compliments of our staff and the Lazy Dog Saloon. Our staff takes great pride in customer service. We want each and every guest to feel at home when staying with us.
Please consider staying with us again in the future so you can experience all of the wonderful improvements we are working on. I think that you and your family will be more than pleased with your next visit.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and suggestions. We value your opinion and your business.
Canton Ga
Reviewed May 19, 2012

For the fairly high price, I felt the property was a bit less than optimal. I realize it's close proximity to a casino ( not much of one, though) was partly to blame for it's high prices, but the poor housekeeping and groundskeeping were below average for this chain.
A former occupant of the room obviously was a victim of traveler's diarrhea, and the toilet had been very poorly cleaned after. (see pictures). Hairs from the former occupant were found in the sink, and a couple on the floor of the bathroom. Although we had a non-smoking room, the bedspread had a cigarette hole burned in it.(see pictures)
On the plus side, the counter person was very nice, the "free breakfast" was very good, and the room had a nice, if not inspired design.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Heather P, Manager at Wyndham Garden Cross Lanes Charleston, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
First, let me thank you for your valuable feedback and compliments for our front desk associates. Second, let me offer my most sincere apology for the inconvenience which you experienced. This matter has been given the most serious attention and I can assure you it is being addressed. As for your experience with the bedding, you will be pleased to learn that we are now a 100% smoke-free property AND we are going through major renovations and replacing the bedspreads along with MANY more upgrades!!

After your experience, you may be hesitant to return to our Hotel, but please consider visiting us in the future and having a look at ALL of our wonderful renovations… As for our rates, we offer discounts for qualifying guests which hopefully you can take advantage of in the future.
Thank you again for sharing your experience. We DO value your opinion and your business! =)
Kenton, Ohio
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We stayed here on the way home from Charlotte NC. I felt the no smoking room had an odor from the hallways being so smokey smelling. Room was clean. Breakfast was well stocked and kept clean. Desk staff was busy and did a good job when we checked in. Water did not drain out of the bathtub after using the shower. I probably would not stay here again.

Room Tip: There are long hallways, you may want to request a room closer to the stairways if walking is a prob...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Louisville
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Stayed here on April 16th, 2012 and was surprised to find that there was no elevator and my mother was in a wheelchair, so everything has to be carried up the stairs. The front desk offered to get us a first floor room but the accomadations were different. I found the rooms to be very basic and the beds felt hard to me. There was only a desk in our room; would have been nice to have a small table to eat our dinner on. We had stayed at the Comfort Inn in Virginia Beach and it was very nice, so I was disappointed with this one. It was ok at best. I agree with a previous review about the door key cards not working well either. I would not personally stay here again, for a small difference in the room rate you can get a much better place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
#2 of 3 in South Charleston
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charleston South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#1 of 3 in South Charleston
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston South

Been to Wyndham Garden Cross Lanes Charleston? Share your experiences!