“Great people, nice hotel!”

Wyndham Garden Hotel Cross Lanes Charleston
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cross Lanes
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I arrived without a reservation and the staff was more than happy to accomodate me. Big rooms, very clean, nice and quiet for a peaceful sleep and a very yummy free breakfast in the morning! Who could ask for more???

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
ComfortInnWV, Owner at Wyndham Garden Hotel Cross Lanes Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

Thanks for staying with us. We hope to see you again when you are in the area

Greg Hicks
President

Reviewed August 7, 2011

After trying to find a hotel one evening as we were traveling to DC, and finding one after another booked to capacity, we were thrilled to even get a room at the Comfort Inn West after a long day of travel. Check in was easy and the clerk was pleasant. The room was clean and comfortable - two "musts" for us. My husband commented that the room was nicer than much more expensive ones we've stayed in. A comfortable chair, two chairs with a table, small fridge and microwave, comfortable beds, etc.... The breakfast offerings the next morning were good - scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, cereals, yogurt, etc... We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Travel Fan 2
Reviewed July 21, 2011

After a long haul all day from Northern Illinois en route to North Carolina, we decided to pull off the Highway and get a room at the Comfort Inn after seeing an Indoor pool advertisement on a road side billboard. As I went to check us in the clerk asked if I had any sort of discount to apply to the room rate AAA, military, etc. When I responded no, she gave us a 10% discount for no reason at all. This was very welcoming to me. The room was very clean and roomy. The Wi-Fi was quick. The pool area was breathtaking for a roadside hotel, with plants, a jacuzzi, and even a Sauna. In the morning, I was very impressed with the hot breakfast buffet as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area, and also plan to return on my next trip!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ferdusing
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We have stayed at this Comfort Inn Many, many times over the last 6 years. The Tri State Racing track is right down the street with Casino Gambling. Love the Breakfast that is Free at the Comfort Inn!! We try to meet friends once a year from NC, Oh, and KY at this Comfort Inn.. Each renting a room and each just as nice as the other ones.. Roomy, clean, and comfortable. The computers in the front of the motel are used each time we go and enough so there is never a line to use... We are planning on another stay at the end of the month...

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2011

This is a "just off the interstate" hotel located midpoint on the homeward leg of our Carolina vacation. It was the second time we've stayed here and my remarks are mostly the same as my review from last year.

The hotel is pet-friendly in an area with surprisingly few pet-friendly options. This motel is pricier that other "just off the interstate" motels, but this property does have several amenities those other properties lack, namely a nice indoor pool. We planned for an early check in on this trip so that we could relax around the pool. Unfortunately, 200 other guests had the exact same plan.

The motel staff at check in and check out were friendly. My wait to check in took excessively long, though that wasn't the fault of the clerk. It was sooo long, and caused by circumstances that actually made the ordeal downright funny in retrospect. The poor clerk had to first check in a group of seniors. They fussed over everything, the room rate, having to use stairs to get to their rooms, how they were going to pay. Then, after being checked in, one woman changed her mind about wanting to stay there and so the whole group decided to go someplace else, thus necessitating refunds for all of their rooms. And the next person in line was a Chinese gentlemen with a limited command of English. And, naturally, motel clerks in West Virginia typically don't have any better command of Mandarin. It was the sort of situation Groucho Marx could have made into a movie classic.

The motel is within a short driving distance of a lot of businesses and restaurants (mostly fast food), but nothing that you could easily walk to. We skipped the comp breakfast buffet because it was too crowded.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BigTool
Reviewed September 1, 2010

My boyfriend and I have stayed at this particular motel no fewer than 20 times. My first time was when our daughter was a month old. We love that everyone knows her name and has been able to watch her grow. She is nowc 20 months old and I cannot wait for our next trip! The rates are a little pricey, but I have never had a problem with anything else and I know great service, because I have worked in the hospitality industry for 20 yrs! So it surprises me to read such negative reviews on the comfort Inn at Cross Lanes, WV.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2010

We have stayed in 3 Choice hotels this year and this one is the least of the 3. That being said, The hotel is not that bad and I might actually stay here again. Like most people WV is half way home from everywhere and we stayed here for one last dip in the pool before the vacation was over.

The indoor pool is by far the nicest I have seen in a long time. The tropical theme and waterfall feature are pretty cool for a hotel in this class. The hot tub is tucked back in some palme trees and they have a 2 person sauna in the pool area as well. It was rainy so we did not check out the outdoor pool area.

They have a bar onsite with a limited snacking menu of things that can be heated in the industrial toaster over. There is a bar scene at the Lazy Dog Saloon and makes for great people watching as you have a few beers and unwind from your drive. The bartender was actually very good and made some obscure mixed drinks off the top of her head.

The rooms are only so-so, and there is definitely a smoke-smell in the halls, though not in the rooms. Compared to other Choice Hotels we have stayed in the rooms were only average. Slightly cramped, but updated and clean. The hotel staff was very accommodating and did their best to meet our needs.

For the money this is an average value. Rooms in the Charleston area are in the $100 range because they know they are half way to everywhere. Cross lanes is evidently near a casino wo they keep the rates jacked up too. I was not dispelased with my stay, but I was not wowed either.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank manque
ComfortInnWV, Owner at Wyndham Garden Hotel Cross Lanes Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

How can we help?

Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
#1 of 3 in South Charleston
Four Points by Sheraton Charleston
Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West

Been to Wyndham Garden Hotel Cross Lanes Charleston? Share your experiences!