“You've got to like someone a lot to make it through dinner”
Review of Julio's Cafe

Julio's Cafe
Ranked #3 of 74 Restaurants in Clarksburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Washington DC Metro Area
“You've got to like someone a lot to make it through dinner”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

That's an actual quote from the waitress as we entered our third hour at Julios. It's a classic throw back from 1930's that's located in about the worst part of Clarksburg that you can imagine - just past the missions with the neon Jesus Saves crosses hanging from the building. You will spend a lot of money for the full 5 course meal and spend 2 hours of time focusing on the person on the other side of the table - well worth both when you're with the right person. Food is great and plenty of it. Service is excellent. If it's cool outside they'll have a roaring fire in the real fireplace.

Visited March 2013

Weston, West Virginia
“best dining experience in wv”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Whether eating in the front or in back by the fireplace,the dining experience is always wonderful.The service and food are excellent.The feeling is like going home.

• Visited March 2013
“Extremely disappointed and vastly overpriced”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I hardly ever write a review but I felt Julio's deserved one...I recently visited Julio's and was extremely disappointed...first our reservation wasn't honored...we waited 45 minutes before being seated...this restaurant has no menus = no prices listed...food was grossly over priced...rack of lamb $60...veal special $55...tomato appetizer $22...these prices are even more than ny prices...I have been to the best steak houses in New York and even they don't charge these prices ...it's one thing to pay that price if the food is good...but honestly mediocre is the best I can say for the food...the sauce on the veal special was heavy and overwhelming..veal is a delicate piece of meat, they smothered the meat in this sauce which completely ruined the dish...our appetizer took 1 hour to come out...and once we ordered our dinners it was an additional hour before that was served...our total time at this restaurant was 3.5 hours...unfortunately I will not be visiting Julio's again, nor will I recommend this dining establishment to anyone...highly disappointed!

3 Thank Mash113
West Virginia
“Best food in WV”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My first experience with Julios was for my wedding rehersal dinner and Pam and her team did an amazing job. Yes the food is pricey but you get what you pay for, it was worth every penny. The best crab cakes I have had outside of Boston, and the desserts are to die for. Your meal usually takes a couple hours from begining to end with food and drink being provided the entire time and you barely ever realize how much time has passed. Pam gained many regulars that night and many from out of the state.

• Visited August 2012
“Great food and great atmosphere”
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

The hostess/waitress sat us in the back room. There was a lovely fire in fireplace. We ordered a steak and the trio sampler. The entrees came with a salad and soup. Plenty of food for me, my husband and 2 tween kids.
Food was amazing! From the salad, soup, steak and the traditional Italian dishes--everything was delicious.
Word of warning though, the menu is recited orally and you don't know the prices until the bill comes (pricey). But it was worth it.