“The old menu was 100% better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Ryan's Family

Ryan's Family
Ranked #57 of 73 Restaurants in Clarksburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The old menu was 100% better.”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

When Ryan's cheapened the menu so they could lower prices, it really took away the quality. We use to travel the 30 mile trip at least once a week to enjoy the food. Now we once in two months.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank knowmankind

Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
“Good food, good location, staff mistreated in front of customers!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We have eaten at Ryans buffets many times. This brand of buffet is our favorite and when traveling we always look to see if theres one around. We stopped at this one on our way to see family coming from a vacation in the south. The food was good and our waitress did a good job. This was over shadowed however by observing staff beating treated badly in front of customers. Once staff member was yelled at by a manager in plain clothes just a few tables down from us. We overheard the manager telling her he's not there to babysit her. This same staff member was later observed crying in a side room. After finishing our meal we again observed staff mistreatment. This time our waitress was scolded for not keeping after her tables. This time the manager came to my wife and asked if our table was taken care of to our satisfaction. My wife informed him it was. I would have given this restaurant better scores if it wasn't for the outright bad management skills of the management and having to feel sorry for the staff the entire time we were eating. I left this restaurant feeling grateful that I don't have to work under those kinds of conditions and feeling sad that the staff at this place did. I will never eat at this place again, not because of the food, but because of how these people treat their employees!

• Visited July 2013
Anmoore WV
“NASTY”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Food is nasty, dirty tables, overpriced I refuse to ever eat there again. Free meals for life would not get me to eat there. I would really rather have a PB&J sandmich at the house. YUCK.

1 Thank tjeffries
Roanoke, VA
“I would not feed this to my dog.”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Against my better judgment, while visiting family in the Clarksburg, WV area, I again was convinced to get this buffett a chance. I presume it only stays in business because there is not a Shoney's or Golden Corral close to it. While both of those establishments are nothing to brag about, they are way better. Anyway, on to my review:

We had paid, were seated, and waiting on our drinks, when our waitress bothered to tell us that they were closing in 10 minutes. I told her that we would not be rushed and we started to eat. They closed the steak bar and proceeded to pack up the food. One of the staff was allowing a wet cleaning rag to drip on the food. The food was cold and nasty. Unbelievably bad. Filth everywhere....bathrooms horrid, stuff strewn on the floors, I can only imagine the kitchen area.

Please, please do not eat here. I know the idea of tons of food and a salad bar is tempting, but don't do it.

• Visited December 2012
Hambleton, West Virginia
“greatest place in the world to eat”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Ryan's has the best food i've ever eaten. they have everything you could possibly think of to eat. the service is friendliest and most courteous of any restaurant , i've been to. no matter how busy the staff is they never cease to amaze me , they take time out of their busy schedule to stop and answer your question no matter what it is. you are made feel like you are welcome at all times. my husband and myself have to drive an hour and a half to get to the nearest ryan's to eat and this one is it. so i would say if someone were to drive this far just to get something to eat, the food and the service is well worth it.

• Visited November 2012