“Red Carpet treatment!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Norman, Oklahoma
“Red Carpet treatment!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Have been to Clarksburg several times and hadn't had a chance to go. I had heard about the red carpet on the walls but was pleasantly surprised with the red carpet treatment! I wanted to sit in the bar but my husband convinced me we wanted the dining room (he had been there before). We had an excellent waitress who took really good care of us. Husband had an excellent steak and I had the crab cakes. Bottle of wine and the great Sinatra music in the background made for a special night at a unique place. Really enjoyed it! Best "nice" meal in town!!!! Would recommend highly and will definitely go back!

• Visited October 2013

Madison, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fantastic food and ambience!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We a visited The Wonder Bar with two other couple to celebrate a friends birthday. The bar and building itself makes you feel like you're stepping back into the 1930's- so cool! We asked to sit in one of the turrets- it was perfect for a table of 6. Service was great and everyone loved their food. A great place to celebrate a special occasion,

• Visited October 2013
Herndon, Virginia
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

On this trip to Clarksburg, we enjoyed the Wonder Bar twice. We always go for cocktails and the appetizer of Beef Tips with Blue - EXCELLENT! We also tried the lobster bisque and wedge salad that are new to the menu - again excellent. We love seeing Nick, the bartender, who takes great care of us. We talked with the new owner, Danny, who is making some exterior changes that will benefit the restaurant. He has only made subtle changes to the already wonderful menu which are quite nice. The second visit, we sat at the bar and had dinner. Excellent salads and steak. Great food and people. Worth every penny.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank pletzkeb
Daniel W, Owner at The Wonder Bar Steakhouse, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
As always, we thank you for your patronage to The Wonder Bar Steakhouse! We will keep the tradition going and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Clarksburg, WV.

all the best,
virginia
“Always a delicious meal”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

It's wonderful to see that the new owner is simply polishing up this gem of a restaurant. He has kept the fabulous menu intact, the quality of the food is as high as ever and even added some new items. We ate at the bar and our bartender Nick was great. My friend order the lobster bisque and it was filled with big chunks of lobster. Delicious. I had the beef tips and blue and every morsel was tender and tasty. Be sure to tip your home made bread into the juices to enjoy every bit. The wedge salad was great as well. I just can't say enough good things about the food and atmosphere. It is worth every penny!

• Visited August 2013
Daniel W, Owner at The Wonder Bar Steakhouse, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
We greatly appreciate your kind words and your patronage to The Wonder Bar Steakhouse! Nick is a tremendous asset to our team here and he will be happy to hear the review. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

all the best,
New Hope
“Surprising in so Many Ways”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Ah the steaks! They were very very good cuts of meat and cooked to perfection. But alas, the good news stops there. Clearly someone is in charge of selecting good food at the outset. We entered the restaurant and were shocked to see red carpet lining the interior walls. Our first thought was we might have expected this in a bordello, but certainly not where food is being served. Carpet attracts dust, and I just cannot see someone vacuuming the walls each day (the floor carpet is a matching red). Ordered drinks and a salad to start. My wife's margarita was very ordinary (the tequila makes a difference dear bar staff!). Given the prices they charge to have a garden salad then served with lettuce, tomato, a solid pickled jalapeno and a bit of dressing was a major disappointment. People; how about some croutons for texture, yellow or green peppers sliced for color, olives for taste (I could go on here)??? Our waitress was more concerned with some late arriving business men and a couple that clearly ate there several times before, than with us. I ordered a second glass of another wine (this can sometimes challenge waiting staff) and did receive a wonderful wine, only to discover that I was served a wine three times more expensive that the one I ordered when paying the bill. Very poor indeed! Sidedishes to both our steaks were more a reflection of the salads than the steaks themselves; in that they lacked finesse, flavor and presentation. Just in case any of you readers think I am being a touch harsh, my wife and I had eaten at another steakhouse the previous night, the bill there was almost half of the bill here, yet the food, drinks and service was all much better at the other steakhouse! Given the high prices here the best I can give as a rating in 2 stars (several readers have defintely given you a much too high rating in the past, or thety seldom dine away from local eateries!).

• Visited August 2013
Daniel W, Owner at The Wonder Bar Steakhouse, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
We greatly appreciate your feedback on your recent dining experience. It is great to know our customers take the time to let others know about The Wonder Bar Steakhouse. We are also extremely proud of our history here which includes the red carpeted walls which have been a part of our establishment for 67 years. Our loyal and faithful customers have made it known over the years that they want the red carpet to stay as it is symbolic of the history of this establishment. We certainly don't claim to be for everyone but greatly appreciate those that enjoy what we bring to the table on a regular basis. Our management and waitstaff are the very best of the best and I can say without any hesitation that each and every one of them would do whatever it takes to make all of our customers happy. We sincerely appreciate you dining with us and thank you again for providing your feedback.