“The Best!!!!”

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best!!!!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife, daughter and I all woke this morning talking about much we enjoyed our dinner at the Wonder Bar last night, so a review spreading the word on this West Virginian gem seemed like the least I could do.
We went with another couple and their daughter to treat ourselves to a good steak, we were not disappointed . Our appetizers of filet tips in hot bleu cheese, crispy calamari, cheese roll italiano with homemade pasta sauce and the roasted red pepper dip with seasoned toast were delicious and all I would have again.
My wife and daughter both had the filet as an entree and I decided to go with the New York Strip. All three were cooked perfectly to our liking and were absolutely wonderful, as were the sides. I also feel the need to mention the wedge salad with bleu cheese dressing and bacon......amazing!!
The desserts were amazing also and our daughter was only disappointed that she couldn’t finish her sundae........which, I gladly did.
The staff at the wonder bar were so friendly and really made you feel welcome and at home. They really helped make the experience one to remember along with the excellent food and wine (great selection!!!).
Thank you Wonder Bar........you’re our new favourite place!!!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank damianbrandom
Daniel W, Owner at The Wonder Bar Steakhouse, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for the great comments regarding our staff. They are the very BEST OF THE BEST in my opinion!! We are thrilled to know you enjoyed the evening and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Your daughter was the hit of the evening!!

All the Best,

Herndon, Virginia
“Excellent as Always”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Any time we are in Clarksburg we try to go to the Wonder Bar for cocktails or dinner. In my opinion, it is the best place to eat in town. Definitely the best steaks and lobster. This trip we didn't have time for dinner, but stopped in for cocktails. Nick always takes excellent care of us. We always order the Tips in Blue appetizer - so yummy. I was friends with the former owner and had the pleasure of meeting the new owner this visit. He is very nice and seems to be keeping the restaurant as it has been for years, only making subtle changes. I look forward to going the next time we're in town.

• Visited April 2013
It was a pleasure meeting you as well and looking forward to seeing you again. Hope your travels were safe and thank you again for stopping in.

Best regards,
Ijamsville, Maryland
“Best steak in as long as I can remember...”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I travel across the country for work monthly and think this might be one of my new favorite places to eat. I had the ribeye with grilled shrimp and think the ribeye is the best I've ever had! The service was great and the staff were very friendly and helpful. One of the best things about this place is the decor; it gives you an old Vegas feel with red carpets on the walls and pictures of old movie stars everywhere. I wish I lived closer to this place, but if I am back in the area, this will be a definite stop. Some of the reviews have commented about the cost; you will spend $50 per person or so, but it is well worth it in my opinion.

Visited April 2013
Thank you for the great comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon at The Wonder Bar Steakhouse!

Northeast
“Service was Great; Food Pretty Good Too”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

OK, yes, red carpet on the walls. But darn nice waitress (Melody or Melanie, didn't hear name clearly) who made some great suggestions. Lobster bisque would have been more aptly titled lobster stew-bisque with big chunks of lobster and well done. YUM. If I had known it was so tasty might have just had it. Friend who accompanied me for dinner said the same thing. Mickster salad was nice and because it was costly (reason it got a 4 and not a 5), we had split an appetizer of blue cheese-steak tips, which were again, just plain yummy. We would go here again in a heartbeat. It was worth the campy experience, the great service and the good food. I'd love to be able to afford an entree though.

• Visited March 2013
Daniel W, Owner at The Wonder Bar Steakhouse, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for the kind remarks regarding The Wonder Bar Steakhouse and Melody. She is a great part of our team here. Very glad to hear you enjoyed your food. We do offer entrees ranging from $19 to $36 which is a typical price range for an upper end steakhouse. We greatly appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Washington DC Metro Area
“Red carpet on the walls, really?”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Yes really - the Wonder Bar is a local high end steak place and they do have a bright red carpt on the floor and all over the walls. The food was good albeit overpriced (expensive). Besides the iconic carpetted walls they've got far too many tables crammed into the place making it very crowded. Additionally the floor is very weak and every time a waitress walked behind me the floor "sunk" ... it was like having a little kid sitting behind you at the theatre kicking the back of your chair

Visited March 2013
1 Thank sliptak
Glad to hear your dinner was good. We greatly appreciate your comments and yes, we do have red carpet on the walls and squeaky floors. The Wonder Bar Steakhouse has been in business for 67 years and has some age on it. The red carpeted walls is a very traditional look from the italian steakhouses of the 30's and 40's and our customers have made it very clear they would like for us to keep it on the walls! thank you again and we hope to see you again at The Wonder Bar Steakhouse.