“Outdoor Canopy Tour was awesome!”

NROCKS Outdoor Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: NROCKS Outdoor Adventures is a privately-owned adventure destination that encompasses 145 mountainous acres, including the two Tuscarora Quartzite fins of Nelson Rocks. Located in the beautiful North Fork Valley of Pendleton County, West Virginia, NROCKS is home to a Via Ferrata, The North Fork Valley Canopy Tour, and incredible guided rock climbing trips. Come visit and experience an adventure of a lifetime! NROCKS also offers a variety of on-site lodging options including tent camping, primitive cabins, motel rooms and the Yellow House Inn rental house.
Reviewed October 27, 2014

We showed up without reservations on a Sunday morning in late October and Chris and Brian went out of their way to accommodate us. They called in another guide, Matt, who came in especially for us. My wife and I were on the only ones on the tour, except for Brian and Matt, our wonderful guides. These guys had great personalities and were quite enjoyable to be around! The tour was awesome. There were still some foliage on the trees, but enough leaves had fallen to allow great views down into the valley. I would definitely recommend this activity if you are in the area! Maybe next time we will get our nerve up for the Via Ferrata.

Date of experience: October 2014
"life changing"
"guide garrett"
"helped everyone"

Reviewed October 2, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I are spending time in the Shenandoah area. I saw the via feratta, and though not great with heights, knew I wanted to do it. I booked it. On our arrival, there was no other " climbers". Our guide was Shelby, and she could not have been more open, helpful, encouraging, light hearted and competent. We were encouraged, instructed and helped at every stage, getting to the top of the main face. I would recommend anyone to try this form of "climbing". Again thank you Shelby.

3  Thank Gavinroy38
Reviewed September 24, 2014

An experience I will remember forever. The views you get during this climb are incredible. It is certainly very scary and probably not for those afraid of heights. For the most part you are pretty much on your own to do the climb, and the guides provide minimal help but are very friendly.

Date of experience: September 2014
4  Thank laidbacklui
Reviewed September 22, 2014

My wife and I went to NROC and did the Via Ferrata this past week. Our guide was Matt and we were joined by the new NROC marketing guy (Chris). Both of us are experienced climbers and we TOTALLY enjoyed the Via Ferrata experience. It was well guided with great conversation, some entertaining humor, and most importantly....it was safely done. This definitely challenges your fear of heights, but by the time you're a third of the way through, you feel very safe.

This is a hidden gem in West Virginia and I'm glad we ran across it by accident online. It was just plain out excellent and I would say its a must-do for anyone who is visiting the Seneca Rocks area.

Just do it....this was well run and well worth the money!

One word of note....like the website says, if you are intensely afraid of heights, don't do it. Also, you don't have to be a star athlete, but you should be in reasonable shape. You don't have to be an experienced climber, but it is 4 hours of climbing and hiking and it is reasonably challenging.

This was the best part of our trip to W.V.!!!!

Date of experience: September 2014