Open today: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Challenging but Worth It

My fiance and I had a great time! It was definitely challenging and it is something that we will... read more

Reviewed December 17, 2020
Lwood124
Most memorable experience of our lives

One of the most memorable and amazing experiences we've ever had! Pretty mentally challenging at... read more

Reviewed December 14, 2020
zkhazendar

All reviews via ferrata rock climbing canopy tour climbing experience fear of heights nelson rocks west virginia full moon zip line an amazing experience upper body strength bucket list adrenaline rush great adventure suspension bridge fun experience base camp
Selected filters
Reviewed September 24, 2014

An experience I will remember forever. The views you get during this climb are incredible. It is certainly very scary and probably not for those afraid of heights. For the most part you are pretty much on your own to do the climb, and the guides provide minimal help but are very friendly.

Date of experience: September 2014
4  Thank laidbacklui
Reviewed September 22, 2014

My wife and I went to NROC and did the Via Ferrata this past week. Our guide was Matt and we were joined by the new NROC marketing guy (Chris). Both of us are experienced climbers and we TOTALLY enjoyed the Via Ferrata experience. It was well guided with great conversation, some entertaining humor, and most importantly....it was safely done. This definitely challenges your fear of heights, but by the time you're a third of the way through, you feel very safe.

This is a hidden gem in West Virginia and I'm glad we ran across it by accident online. It was just plain out excellent and I would say its a must-do for anyone who is visiting the Seneca Rocks area.

Just do it....this was well run and well worth the money!

One word of note....like the website says, if you are intensely afraid of heights, don't do it. Also, you don't have to be a star athlete, but you should be in reasonable shape. You don't have to be an experienced climber, but it is 4 hours of climbing and hiking and it is reasonably challenging.

This was the best part of our trip to W.V.!!!!

Date of experience: September 2014
5  Thank N367IDmarks
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Fun day exploring the rocks. Guides were helpful and instructive. Via Ferrata style climbing gives one the feel of lead climbing without the exposure and rope skills required by Traditional climbs. Overall a great day.

Date of experience: June 2014
3  Thank 610jeffg
Reviewed July 19, 2014

My visit to Nelson Rocks was a result of a wedding in the area. I needed a room close to the event. There are 8 rooms available. All are on the second floor with a spacious porch area with rockers and other chairs. It was great to sit on the porch and enjoy the great views and wonderful breeze.

The room was spotless. There was a queen bed as well as a set of bunk beds. There was a modern bath with all the needed supplies. Be aware that there is no TV or phone. There is however free wi-fi.

I talked with some other guests who were there for the climbing and zip line experience. They said they had a great time. There are also hiking trails on site.

Snacks are available in the lobby.

If you are looking for a beautiful place to get away from it all or a place to have a bit of an adventure, Nelson Rocks is for you. If you are looking to be in the lap of luxury surrounded by technology, go somewhere else.

Date of experience: July 2014
2  Thank 559wandam
Reviewed July 11, 2014

The Via Ferrata is a little known adventure that challenges the natural fear of heights. Experienced guides train you to be safe and monitor your progress during the 4 hour climb. This is a must do WV experience!

Date of experience: July 2014