Open today: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Incredible full moon adventure!

The full moon Via Ferrata was a fantastic experience! Guide Emily was the perfect balance of... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
lisakara
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
An experience you'll never forget!

The NRocks Via Ferrata experience was incredible. It was a little more physically demanding than... read more

Reviewed October 20, 2020
MoreMountainsPlease

All reviews via ferrata rock climbing canopy tour climbing experience fear of heights nelson rocks west virginia full moon zip line an amazing experience upper body strength bucket list rock face adrenaline rush great adventure suspension bridge fun experience
Selected filters
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We did the via fereta tour on July 5th. It was a lot of funnnn and just a little bit scary in parts but quite safe over all. Our guides Aaron and Jester Josh very nice and we enjoyed climbing with them. We will definitely be returning to do this when we are in the WV area again.

Date of experience: July 2012
2  Thank Dipsvin
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I wanted to do something different for our anniversary, and him being the adventurous one, we opted for this because it looked "doable" for me since you stay hooked in all the time. I was nervous and once I got there and looked at the height, I got a bit more anxious. Our guide, Brian, was nothing short of excellent. He was very patient, soothing and encouraging. I honestly gave it my best shot, but shortly into the climb I could not stop shaking and realized that if I couldn't stop this early on, I would have a hard time the rest of the way as we get higher. I didn't feel forced or "less than" because I couldn't finish. We simply went into plan "b" and he repelled us down (which was more fun for me than the actual climbing part). I honestly wish I could have finished because the day was beautiful and the scenery was fantastic. I would highly recommend this climb to people who enjoy an adventure and want to do something a little different. The staff was friendly and welcoming.

Date of experience: July 2012
2  Thank love2laff
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I did both the Canopy Tour and Via Ferrata at Nelson Rocks on back to back days. Staff/Guides were outstanding, very safety conscious and had a great sense of humor. Canopy tour is a series of about a dozen zip lines which was a blast. The via ferrata is one of only a handful in the US and well worth driving a few hours to try. If you enjoy rock climbing, you will love it. Views are spectacular and the course is well laid out. You have to be in reasonably good physical activity since it is continuous climbing and motion and not afraid of heights since you will be a few hundred feet above the tree line. I have done 2 other via ferratas in Canada and consider this the best of the 3. An awesome adventure you will never forget.

Date of experience: June 2012
3  Thank hike_PA
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Thanks to Harry & Aaron (our guides for the zipline) for a great time -- it was Nar-Nar :). My husband & I took our two daughters here while visiting West Virginia. The ziplning was great fun and was very safe. There are so many safety measures in place, I never once felt scared and I am afraid of heights. Our guides were so much fun. While always keeping safety first, they told some corny jokes and just made everyone feel comfortable and kept us either laughing or rolling our eyes. I would highly recommend this trip and I would request these two guides.

Date of experience: June 2012
2  Thank Trishaz
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We did the Via as part of a family group. Two generations, and the older generation held their own. This is not for the faint-of-heart, but even those with a fear of heights managed to overcome the fear and complete the course. It was such a feeling of accomplishment and personal power. I'd love to do it again! Kudos to the knowledgeable guide who remembered EVERY name (but now I can't remember her name....) and was a fantastic bird identifier.

Date of experience: May 2012