“Canopy Tour - Great Fun!”

NROCKS Outdoor Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: NROCKS Outdoor Adventures is a privately-owned adventure destination that encompasses 145 mountainous acres, including the two Tuscarora Quartzite fins of Nelson Rocks. Located in the beautiful North Fork Valley of Pendleton County, West Virginia, NROCKS is home to a Via Ferrata, The North Fork Valley Canopy Tour, and incredible guided rock climbing trips. Come visit and experience an adventure of a lifetime! NROCKS also offers a variety of on-site lodging options including tent camping, primitive cabins, motel rooms and the Yellow House Inn rental house.
Reviewed July 25, 2012

12 zip lines and 3 sky bridges...totally fun. Guides were humorous, helpful and encouraging while keeping safety in the forefront. Well worth the trip!

2  Thank katereedy
"life changing"
"guide garrett"
"helped everyone"

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We did the via fereta tour on July 5th. It was a lot of funnnn and just a little bit scary in parts but quite safe over all. Our guides Aaron and Jester Josh very nice and we enjoyed climbing with them. We will definitely be returning to do this when we are in the WV area again.

2  Thank Dipsvin
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I wanted to do something different for our anniversary, and him being the adventurous one, we opted for this because it looked "doable" for me since you stay hooked in all the time. I was nervous and once I got there and looked at the height, I got a bit more anxious. Our guide, Brian, was nothing short of excellent. He was very patient, soothing and encouraging. I honestly gave it my best shot, but shortly into the climb I could not stop shaking and realized that if I couldn't stop this early on, I would have a hard time the rest of the way as we get higher. I didn't feel forced or "less than" because I couldn't finish. We simply went into plan "b" and he repelled us down (which was more fun for me than the actual climbing part). I honestly wish I could have finished because the day was beautiful and the scenery was fantastic. I would highly recommend this climb to people who enjoy an adventure and want to do something a little different. The staff was friendly and welcoming.

2  Thank love2laff
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I did both the Canopy Tour and Via Ferrata at Nelson Rocks on back to back days. Staff/Guides were outstanding, very safety conscious and had a great sense of humor. Canopy tour is a series of about a dozen zip lines which was a blast. The via ferrata is one of only a handful in the US and well worth driving a few hours to try. If you enjoy rock climbing, you will love it. Views are spectacular and the course is well laid out. You have to be in reasonably good physical activity since it is continuous climbing and motion and not afraid of heights since you will be a few hundred feet above the tree line. I have done 2 other via ferratas in Canada and consider this the best of the 3. An awesome adventure you will never forget.

Date of experience: June 2012
3  Thank hike_PA
See more reviews
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Thanks to Harry & Aaron (our guides for the zipline) for a great time -- it was Nar-Nar :). My husband & I took our two daughters here while visiting West Virginia. The ziplning was great fun and was very safe. There are so many safety measures in place, I never once felt scared and I am afraid of heights. Our guides were so much fun. While always keeping safety first, they told some corny jokes and just made everyone feel comfortable and kept us either laughing or rolling our eyes. I would highly recommend this trip and I would request these two guides.

Date of experience: June 2012