Open today: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Incredible full moon adventure!

The full moon Via Ferrata was a fantastic experience! Guide Emily was the perfect balance of... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
lisakara
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
An experience you'll never forget!

The NRocks Via Ferrata experience was incredible. It was a little more physically demanding than... read more

Reviewed October 20, 2020
MoreMountainsPlease

All reviews via ferrata rock climbing canopy tour climbing experience fear of heights nelson rocks west virginia full moon zip line an amazing experience upper body strength bucket list rock face adrenaline rush great adventure suspension bridge fun experience
Selected filters
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Thanks to Harry & Aaron (our guides for the zipline) for a great time -- it was Nar-Nar :). My husband & I took our two daughters here while visiting West Virginia. The ziplning was great fun and was very safe. There are so many safety measures in place, I never once felt scared and I am afraid of heights. Our guides were so much fun. While always keeping safety first, they told some corny jokes and just made everyone feel comfortable and kept us either laughing or rolling our eyes. I would highly recommend this trip and I would request these two guides.

Date of experience: June 2012
2  Thank Trishaz
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We did the Via as part of a family group. Two generations, and the older generation held their own. This is not for the faint-of-heart, but even those with a fear of heights managed to overcome the fear and complete the course. It was such a feeling of accomplishment and personal power. I'd love to do it again! Kudos to the knowledgeable guide who remembered EVERY name (but now I can't remember her name....) and was a fantastic bird identifier.

Date of experience: May 2012
2  Thank Travel2Eat
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My friend and I went last week to Nelson Rocks Outdoor Center and did the Via Ferrata climb. It was perfect. The staff is outstanding. They are very knowledgeable, and truly enjoy what they are doing. Our guide really made sure we had a great time. The facility is excellent as well. They are just finishing a large expansion of their lodge to allow for additional guests and it looks great. Even the older cabins are in great shape. Most importantly the equipment, cables, and anchors into the mountain are all in great shape.

Date of experience: March 2012
3  Thank tek1025
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I've taken scout groups here twice in as many years. Scouts (high school age) and adults both had a great time climbing the via ferrata. The guides are professional, knowledgeable, and friendly -- and effective with high school kids. The climb itself is gorgeous. It's challenging enough to get your heart pounding, but within reach of anyone in decent shape. The equipment is in good shape, the grounds are clean, and the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. I wish we'd planned to do both the via ferrata and the zip line.

Date of experience: November 2011
2  Thank Kate N
Reviewed October 4, 2011

The Via Ferrata at Nelson Rocks Outdoor Center can't be beat! The fixed climbing route makes rock climbing accessible to those without training in traditional rock climbing. All you need are some good friends, a little courage and a desire for an adventure! Scenery of Germany Valley is absolutely breathtaking. The rock formations of Nelson Rocks are astounding. Our guide was encouraging and helpful. I felt really safe, and the equipment and route appeared to be in tip-top shape. I definitely would like to do the "Via" again!

Date of experience: September 2011