“Excellent Canopy Tour and Via Ferrata”

NROCKS Outdoor Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: NROCKS Outdoor Adventures is a privately-owned adventure destination that encompasses 145 mountainous acres, including the two Tuscarora Quartzite fins of Nelson Rocks. Located in the beautiful North Fork Valley of Pendleton County, West Virginia, NROCKS is home to a Via Ferrata, The North Fork Valley Canopy Tour, and incredible guided rock climbing trips. Come visit and experience an adventure of a lifetime! NROCKS also offers a variety of on-site lodging options including tent camping, primitive cabins, motel rooms and the Yellow House Inn rental house.
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I did both the Canopy Tour and Via Ferrata at Nelson Rocks on back to back days. Staff/Guides were outstanding, very safety conscious and had a great sense of humor. Canopy tour is a series of about a dozen zip lines which was a blast. The via ferrata is one of only a handful in the US and well worth driving a few hours to try. If you enjoy rock climbing, you will love it. Views are spectacular and the course is well laid out. You have to be in reasonably good physical activity since it is continuous climbing and motion and not afraid of heights since you will be a few hundred feet above the tree line. I have done 2 other via ferratas in Canada and consider this the best of the 3. An awesome adventure you will never forget.

Date of experience: June 2012
"life changing"
"guide garrett"
"helped everyone"

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Thanks to Harry & Aaron (our guides for the zipline) for a great time -- it was Nar-Nar :). My husband & I took our two daughters here while visiting West Virginia. The ziplning was great fun and was very safe. There are so many safety measures in place, I never once felt scared and I am afraid of heights. Our guides were so much fun. While always keeping safety first, they told some corny jokes and just made everyone feel comfortable and kept us either laughing or rolling our eyes. I would highly recommend this trip and I would request these two guides.

Date of experience: June 2012
2  Thank Trishaz
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We did the Via as part of a family group. Two generations, and the older generation held their own. This is not for the faint-of-heart, but even those with a fear of heights managed to overcome the fear and complete the course. It was such a feeling of accomplishment and personal power. I'd love to do it again! Kudos to the knowledgeable guide who remembered EVERY name (but now I can't remember her name....) and was a fantastic bird identifier.

Date of experience: May 2012
2  Thank Travel2Eat
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My friend and I went last week to Nelson Rocks Outdoor Center and did the Via Ferrata climb. It was perfect. The staff is outstanding. They are very knowledgeable, and truly enjoy what they are doing. Our guide really made sure we had a great time. The facility is excellent as well. They are just finishing a large expansion of their lodge to allow for additional guests and it looks great. Even the older cabins are in great shape. Most importantly the equipment, cables, and anchors into the mountain are all in great shape.

Date of experience: March 2012
3  Thank tek1025
See more reviews
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I've taken scout groups here twice in as many years. Scouts (high school age) and adults both had a great time climbing the via ferrata. The guides are professional, knowledgeable, and friendly -- and effective with high school kids. The climb itself is gorgeous. It's challenging enough to get your heart pounding, but within reach of anyone in decent shape. The equipment is in good shape, the grounds are clean, and the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. I wish we'd planned to do both the via ferrata and the zip line.

Date of experience: November 2011