Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Mountaineer Casino Racetrack & Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Chester
“FUN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were there in April and July and have reservations for August. We treat ourselves for birthdays and holidays. We are going to try the lodge because our family from Columbus is meeting us and we thought we could be together on the first floor by the pool my brother in law needs a wheel chair. I booked 4 rooms we should have a great time. We love the breakfast in the upstairs restaurant. Always have a really fun time at the Mointaineer I go to Presque Isle in Erie almost every day and tell every one about Mountaineer.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank snowyglo
James S, Director of Hotel Operations at Mountaineer Casino Racetrack & Resort, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thanks for the positive review. Although the first floor is a popular request, we will do our best to accommodate you. We appreciate your feedback and your telling your friends about us. We look forward to seeing you in August.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Cumberland, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stay and gamble at Mountaineer casino and resort about once a month. We always find the experience pleasurable, even if we don't win, but a lot of the times we do win. From the time we check in ( the ladies at check in are always delightful and positive), to time we leave we feel welcome and comfortable. The bartenders, the dealers, the slot attendants are helpful and polite and professional. During our last visit we had the pleasure of meeting the slots manager, Jason Pugh (I made a point of getting his name) as he was so nice and up-beat. Thanks Jason.

The rooms are always clean and comfortable, never had a problem.

Thanks to all the employees at Mountaineer. We travel and gamble somewhat, and for sure Mountaineer is our favorite.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Timothy F
Timothy,

Thanks for the positive review and for all of the kind words about our team members. I will make sure that I pass them along. I also spoke to Jason and let him know that you mentioned him by name. Thanks again for the positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Went to the Grand Hotel at Mountaineer for a weekend with 3 other friends. Was not looking forward to a smokey room but was pleasantly surprised. Not a trace of smoke smell in our room. Room was clean and beds were very comfortable. Casino and lobby were very smokey but once in nonsmoking section of casino, all was well. Great breakfast at the restaurant also.

1 Thank beachair25
Thanks for the positive review. I will pass along the comments regarding the breakfast to our food and beverage director. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you soon.
Avon, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Went down to mountaineer for a boxing event. And ended up staying the night. Did not spend a lot of time in room. Was clean, nice beds! Casino was nice found table with $5 starts. Some of the carpet in hallways in Hotel could be replaced.

Room Tip: Stay in tower of hotel newer, they have a old section in back. Looked a little dated. But the pool l...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
James S, Director of Hotel Operations at Mountaineer Casino Racetrack & Resort, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thanks for the positive review. We are happy that you had a good time. I also wanted to inform you that we are planning to begin hotel renovations later this year, including the hallway carpet. We hope to see you back soon. Thanks again for taking the time to post.
Uniontown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We go every year for a few days. Spa was closed due to water break,ohh well, gym closed also,was unable to shower and flush toilets but had the pleasure of just having the time with my good friend of 30 years. We will be back! We know the non smokey paths around the casino! But perhaps ventilation needs updated

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Though the water main break was something beyond our control, I certainly apologize for the experience. I am happy to hear that you still had a good time in the casino and that you will return. Hopefully, the next visit ill be even better.
pittsburgh, pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

After reading the latest reviews, I was hesitant going here for a much needed overnight mini vacation. Although we were booked in the lodge, it was wonderful. Just a 1 hour trip to WVA, it was a great trip. The room was dated but very clean. The staff at the hotel & casino were awesome. Everyone was friendly & welcoming. We did not run into 1 staff member that was rude, as a matter of fact, everyone was sweet & helpful. A sweet hello was given by everyone. Good luck & have a great day was the norm.

The food was great & reasonable. We had a great time. Of course, we lost our money. But when one travels on this type of trip. You go in for the fun, not expecting to win. We played though & that's all we asked. I believe that that the past reviews were harsh & we enjoyed ourselves. We stopped at the Fiesta plant on the way out & a farmers market, Janoski's on the way home. All in all, a 24 hour trip was enjoyable.

In the past, I have made use of the spa & found that too, pleasant & clean. The hotel does leave a discount coupon in the room to make the services reasonable. Go & have fun!

Room Tip: In the summer, book the lodge near the pool. In inclimate weather, book the tower.
1 Thank 6380
James S, Director of Hotel Operations at Mountaineer Casino Racetrack & Resort, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for the review! We appreciate the feedback and are happy that you had a good time. I also wanted to let you know that we are planning to start our hotel room renovations later this year.

Thanks again for the positive review. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

My mom and I just went to mountaineer for a quick over night trip this week. We enjoyed the outdoor pool in the morning, it was a very nice amenity to the hotel. Later we went up to our hotel room to get cleaned up. Our non smoking room smelled horrible of smoke because the people in the rooms beside us were smoking. It was a nice room though. Especially with it being complimentary. After we showered we went down to Gatsbys and ate some dinner quick. We aren't too crazy about buffets but I think next time we will choose that or the steak house. The waitress had too many tables to give good service and was very short and unfriendly. After dinner we went to the casino. The attendant at the door made a huge production checking my ID (I'm 30) and acted as he was on a power trip, he even made me wear a bracelet. He was rude...like I said, I'm 30, I'm not wearing your wristband. After dealing with that jerk we went and gambled. I thoroughly enjoyed the slots. It was smokey but it's West Virginia, I expected it. We had a great night, stayed up late had a late night snack, didn't get back to our room until after 3. The casino was not clean but the attendants were doing the best the can. It's clear that the casino won't hire enough staff to keep things clean enough. The bathrooms weren't unacceptable but certainly were nothing to be proud of. The next morning we went back down to gamble and the computers were down so we were unable to access our free play. That was certainly an inconvenience. The ladies at the desk were saying they were down for 20 minutes. Later a slot host shrugged his shoulders and said they had been down since 4am. Nobody apologized, nobody was accommodating and they didn't even have the proper information. This was very unprofessional. We made the trip because we were given this incentive. Mountaineer was unable to hold up their end of the deal. Frustrated, we decided to leave. As we were leaving the valet watched my mom and I struggle to get our bags in the trunk yet he stood there waiting for his tip. My over all revaluation is that the staff at mountaineer does not welcome you and treat you as a guest. The workers are just doing the bare minimum to get their jobs done and nothing more. It would be nice to see the staff smile, be helpful and have better manners. I don't need to be treated like a queen but some nice treatment goes a long way and that is truly something that can make or break the over all experience. We will be back but it's sad for your casino to see these minor things go unnoticed by managers. Your staff is only as good as they are taught.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MasonMichael112
James S, Director of Hotel Operations at Mountaineer Casino Racetrack & Resort, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Kelly,
I appreciate your posting and for the feedback. I am happy that you had a good time overall. I also wanted to let you know that I have forwarded your comments to the department heads of the areas you mentioned as well as our human resources director. We will use your comments and suggestions to improve the overall experience for our guests at Mountaineer.

I assure you that we will make every effort to improve the areas that you mentioned. Thank you again for posting.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chester
Holiday Inn Express Newell
Comfort Inn
#3 of 4 in Weirton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Beaver Falls
Fairfield Inn & Suites Weirton

Been to Mountaineer Casino Racetrack & Resort? Share your experiences!