“Very charming and comfortable”

Brass Pineapple Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Charleston B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I had a wonderful weekend stay at the Brass Pineapple with friends. My room was very cozy and unique (claw foot tub in room), the front porch was relaxing, the food was delicous, with lots of attention to detail (cinnamon sticks provided for tea). Great location near the capitol building and restaurants. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 28, 2011

I met friends for a weekend stay at this bed and breakfast. The breakfast was delicious, the room cozy and comfortable (I stayed in the English Gentleman), and the surrounding area very charming. Sitting on the front porch for a morning cup of coffee in the quiet, pleasant surrounding was wonderful. There is a nearby running/walking path along the river, and shopping and dining were very close by.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank LinneaTravels
Reviewed February 22, 2011

This is our second stay at the B&B. Laura and Lisa catered to our every need. Great breakfast and afternoon refreshments. Conveniently located 1/2 block from capital. Great for walking, site seeing and close to many restaurants. We will be back again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2011

A collegue recommended "the pineapple" whclose started traveling to Charleston close to 2 years ago. I come to town almost monthly and stay here every time. The location, cozy atmosphere and genuine hospitality of Lisa, Laura and everyone there makes it feel like a home away from home. There is nothing better than the homemade organic green tea and a veggie plate on the front porch after a work day. And they even have wireless Internet!

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed February 22, 2011

Lovely home with beautiful woodwork and furnishings. Afternoon tea items are such a welcome treat. Convenient location, within walking distance to the WV Capital. Warm hospitality in a quiet elegant setting. The hospitality is so very gracious. Each visit to Charleston, I call the Brass Pineapple to check for room availability. I stay several times a year.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 12, 2011

Arrived at the Bed and Breakfast owner was not present the entire weekend. Still had Christmas decorations mid January. we were the only guests. sheets were very wrinkled on bed, not sure if they had been changed. stains on comforter, floors not that clean and bath curtain moldly. arrived 1am first night, stayed second because we had to go to an event. tried to contact owner to discuss situation and inform her we were checking out. unable to reach owner by phone or email. Clearly not engaged with her business. Owner charged us two weeks after we left. Then over charged the nightly fee and charged us for 3 nights not to. Took several days for owner to answer my emails asking for her to credit my funds back. Finally she answered saying no. I have stayed in bed and breakfast all over the world. This by far the worst experience I have ever had. I will never say here again. And can not recommend to anyone

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank chhudsonyc
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We stayed there twice; once on our way to the East Coast and then again on our way back home. If we happened to be traveling through Charleston again we might stay there again...but we wouldn't travel out of our way for it. It's definitely a unique experience, but I would cautiously recommend it.

It was very easy to locate and parking was easy. Check in and check out was easy. Very cozy and quiet with unique furnishings and stained glass windows. We enjoyed visiting with other guests and Steve, the innkeeper, was friendly. Both rooms had charming decor and more than ample pillows, bedding and linens. Breakfast was delicious but the quantity was kind of small. Breakfast was served no earlier than 8am, which is a little late for those wishing to hit the road early. Bundt cake for a late night snack was delicious.

Both rooms had mattresses that were way too soft for us. High beds were pushed up against a wall, making it difficult for one person to get in and out. Small amount of mildew in showers. Spotted carpeting in Victorian Rose room.

We stayed in the English Gentleman and Victorian Rose rooms, and if I had to choose, I would stay in the English Gentleman again.

I would not stay in the Victorian Rose room again because of the shower situation. The clawfoot tub and shower looked fun at first, but when I got in it, I realized that the slightly mildewed shower curtain was clinging to me all around and I couldn't do anything about it because the space is just so small. And I am not a very large person. Took a super quick shower and was glad to get out.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple