WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Budget Host Inn Charleston

Budget Host Inn Charleston
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Saint Louis, Missouri
“I Would Rather Sleep In My Car!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed here because of the low price and fairly decent reviews. Big mistake. There were ants all over the room and even on my pillow. There was a gap under the window with no carpeting which might be where they were coming from. Even though there were four of us in a double room, there were only two sets of towels. I called the front desk to ask for more towels, and the owner told me to come and get them. (Nice.) It was raining at the time, so needless to say the towels (and me) were damp. I asked the owner why there were only two sets of towels for four of us, and he said "motel policy". I don't know if he means Budget Host’s policy, or just his motel. I asked about breakfast, and he told me there was coffee at 7:00. I stopped by the office the next morning at 7:30, and there was no coffee anywhere. I asked the owner, and he told me very clearly that "coffee is at 7:00!". OK. The bathroom had an open pipe sticking out of the wall under the sink -- I hope nothing crawls out of there. The motel is just off an exit ramp, so it is difficult to get to from certain directions. It's also difficult to get back on the highway depending on which way you are headed.

Room Tip: Rooms either face the Interstate or the river -- ask for a river view (if you must stay here).
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank PilotOne6

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at every turn about this little motel. Pete was very nice and so helpful! And the motel office had such a wonderful fragrance! My room faced the river which eliminated most traffic sounds. They have a lovely little porch that overlooks the river where you can sit and meditate. The room was very clean and the bed was pleasantly comfortable. I enjoyed my stay immensely! I plan to return very soon.

• Stayed August 2013
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Average priced and very small motel. Location somewhat outside of Charleston, but close to I 77 and overlooks a river. No frills, room was small and could use an update, but it was very clean. Great place for a one night stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very friendly and nice staff. It was a wonderful price for the room, and had a beautiful look over the river. It was a good distance away from Charleston, and the room was clean and had everything we needed. We would stay again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
virginia beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

stayed here while in town for a charleston wv minor league game and had a room facing the river and it was nice. room was clean and had a good selection of channels on the tv. close to downtown. rained out the game but it was nice sleeping weather. expect no frills.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank michaelvirginiabeach
Louisburg, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

A perfect no frills place to sleep. Ask for a room facing the river and wake up to birds singing and fantastic scenery. Room smells smokey. Water fluctuates in temp. No frills. Three steps to the parking space. Free wifi. For the price I could stay two nights for the price of one. For my tastes ... Wifi ... Easy in n out ... Very quiet ... Incredible nature views ... Great sleep ... This is a perfect place to stay and a bargain to boot.

Stayed July 2013
Aspen, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

On the lower end of our typical hotel choices (which are pretty low end :)), but it was a great value! It was a hotel with NO frills, but was clean, convenient, and cheap. It's a 10-15 min drive from downtown Charleston, where we had dinner. I probably wouldn't stay at this hotel alone or as a vacation base, but it was fine for our purposes.

• Stayed December 2012