“The least expensive safe choice in the area”

Budget Host Inn Charleston
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This property is several miles away from downtown Charleston. In terms of amenities, it is definitely a 2-star hotel at the best. However, my room, which was on the back side of the property, was quiet and clean. It faced the river, with a pretty mountain scene behind it. Access to the highway or road was extremely easy. The beds were fine and comfortable, with no sign of overuse, etc. I wanted the least expensive overnight stay, while still staying safe. That's just what I got.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Bonbonmontreal
There are newer reviews for Budget Host Inn Charleston

Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

Easy access from highway. Cheap rates. Internet access. If you don't mind extra firm beds & flat pillows, this motel will work for you. It was better than driving thru the night or sleeping in the car. Plenty of construction workers stay here evidently, because the lot was filled with mud covered, full size pickups with out of state plates. Smoking & non-smoking rooms available. Two double beds & a recliner.

• Stayed: May 2012
5  Thank Debbie6785
Reviewed September 22, 2010

Stayed here twice as a stop over for our trip to Myrtle beach ( there and back). What a pleasant suprise. Our room had a river view and it was beautiful. The room was very clean (needs some updating), The staff very friendly and efficient. If you are looking for a nice place to lay your head for the night than I recommend this motel. Great price, for a comfortable stay. We will be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank ccccs
Reviewed November 2, 2007

was planning to stay in hotel area then saw this little place right on the river. If you stay here, get a river view. If you can't, move on. Door locks not working well. OK accomodations but isolated from anything else

• Stayed: October 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank TallguyIL
Reviewed August 14, 2007

We made a reservation online and called the hotel to confirm. We were told that they had not received the confirmation yet but if I cancelled the reservation, they could give me a cheaper rate.
Since they hadn't received the confirmation, I didn't cancel it. I told them that we would arrive late. I got a call from them to make sure that we were coming. When we got there at 11:30 pm we were charged $5 less than what we had booked online. I paid in cash. It was late and he didn't offer me a receipt and I was tired and didn't really care. I've never had problems with a hotel before.. The room was clean but little anemities. Good for a quick stay, if you want the hassles. Only 1 ketchup sized shampoo for 4 people. The next morning, as we were checking out the guy pulled out the online reservation and said that since I hadn't cancelled that he had to charge me more. He ended up charging me more than the original online reservation plus tax. To sum it up, what we thought was a $60 hotel room turned into a $78 hotel room. The owner followed us around until we paid the money. Dumb move on my part, I paid cash so I have no receipt. I was overwhelmed with him following me around. He was also very hard to understand. He told me they had to charge me more or his manager would be mad at him but when I tried to contact the chain directly, I was told that he was the manager. I contacted the online agency where I made the original reservation and when they tried to talk to the manager he was extremely rude to them. We could have stayed at a much nicer motel for the same amount of money. We'll know better next time.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank AdamOhio
Reviewed July 16, 2005

we were driving back from nc and were needing a room for the night and we could NOT find a room within 50 miles of charleston. I guess every weekend, you better have your reservation about a month in advance or you'll be sleeping in your car. we came across a recommendation of another hotel and came across this little motel, which has 5 star standards. it's the cleanest, nicest and most peaceful room we stayed at. the view of the river and mountaing was surprisingly BEAUTIFUL, the staff was VERY NICE and FRIENDLY. we loved the room. the room was very clean, in fact, spotless and the bed was so comfortable and the rates were UNBEATABLE! we had a great stay and would highly recommend this one, if you're just passing through charleston (which more than likely you are!), stay here for a good night's rest and great rates. you'll save money and be surprised with the view. 5 star for this one...

• Stayed: July 2005