“Good Craft Beers”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Craft Beers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

This was our third trip to the Brewing Company, and we have enjoyed the experience each time. Good English Pub food; Good wait staff who patiently explain each beer on the menu. I recommend getting the Brew Sampler.

Charleston, WV
“Outstanding Pub Grub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The CBC is a much needed addition to the Charleston Restaurant scene. It is a "Real" gastropub, as opposed to some recent pretenders who are new to the market. The place is generally crowded, and a bit noisy - which, if you are with a small family like mine, can be nice (a screaming toddler isn't disruptive in this environment). The food is great in my experience. Favorites are the Peruvian Chicken and Scotch Eggs. The beer is made in-house, and I have found the IPA-style beers to be most enjoyable. The place is great for lunch, dinner, a snack and just a drop-in to enjoy a beer at the bar.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank rpdc
Baltimore, Maryland
“This Place Was Such A Let Down”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

The beer list was impressive but none of the beers had the flavors just right, darker beers had a dirty taste, lighter beers like the Apricot had a sharp over powering taste to the fruit. Their menu was all over the place, you had a cheese plate in the same list of chicken wings and then empanadas in the apps. The mail courses ranged across burgers, bangers and mash and then Peruvian chicken (which I would of ordered but they were out of).

The fact that it was a Saturday night at 7:00 pm and the place was really dead should of given it away but the whole town seemed to have that "walking dead" not a whole lot of people on the street vibe to it.

The server was cute and she was friendly however, she had to wait for the "bartender" to pour her drinks for her which created a ridiculous waiting time on drinks in a dead restaurant. This "bartender" was more like a friend of the owner play pouring and talking up the few folks seated at the bar.

We asked to speak to a manager, another man stepped in but we never spoke to an actual manager or owner. They offered our meals at an employee discount for the wait. Really glad we didn't have to pay full price because most of what we ordered was just gross or had no taste. The best thing I can say about the place is that their burger is some tasty cow. I ordered the cheese steak sandwich and luckily my dinner date switched plates with me because It was the opposite of what was described on the menu. What do I mean by opposite? Menu says thin shaved steak, the steak on sandwich was thick and choppy and fatty, the peppers were ok, the cheese was hard..horseradish mayo had no kick to it at all and the au jus also listed in the description was nowhere to be found..when asked if I was supposed to get the au jus was told no and that the sandwich did not come with the sauce..it was clearly written on the menu that they happen not to post online.

Our receipt actually said "slow bartender" as the reason code for our discount..hilarious!

Would skip this place and try the Pies and Pints next time we're in town.

Moore, Oklahoma, United States
“Good Beer!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stopped here while riding by on vacation. My husband and I love Irish/British Pubs, Breweries and good beer, this place did not disappoint on that. The place is really large and very loud, but the bartender (we sat at the bar) was very nice and the service was good. The night we went was a weeknight and they were not really busy. Sorry to say that we didn't order any food, so I can't speak on that.

“Terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Do not waste your time here. We tried it when it first opened this spring and the food was terrible. My husband who normally will eat anything couldn't even force it down. The chicken was overcooked to the point of being burnt but he could've forced it down if it had any flavor. For a dish supposedly flavored with ghost peppers it was surprisingly bland. Tonight we decided to give it a second try. HUGE mistake. We waited 15 minutes for three waters. We placed our beer order and waited an additional 15-20 minutes for said order before we finally decided to leave. Had the place been busy the wait would've been understandable but there were only two other tables in the place and both parties appeared to be finished. The bar had a few patrons but even those who walked in after us had received drinks and appetizers well before us and the bartender was waiting on a much larger group than our server!