“Best beef fried rice ever!”
Review of Chin's Restaurant

Chin's Restaurant
Ranked #94 of 278 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Description: Serving the best Chinese cuisine in the Charleston/Kanawha Valley area since 1985 - Kanawha City location. Our chefs have over 40+ years experience. The Chin Family's restaurants, starting with Golden Dragon in South Charleston, have been cooking up savory bites since the early 1970s. All dishes cooked to order. The BEST Egg Rolls in West Virginia! Visit our Facebook page: CHIN'S RESTAURANT - WEST VIRGINIA
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

I've been coming to Chins since I was 8 years old. Ive always had the beef fried rice and its always had a unique taste and the ingredients are top notch. I recommend anyone to try Chins, I promise you wont be dissapointed....I know ive never been let down. Mr. Chin and his family are long time residents of Charleston and I feel they deserve the support of the community they've been a part of for decades.

Eleanor C, Owner's daughter at Chin's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2014

Thank you for the nice review. We really appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you soon!

There are newer reviews for Chin's Restaurant

Reviewed July 20, 2014

As a dedicated snobby former resident of the Boston-Washington corridor, I never thought that you could get any good food outside of a major city. My benchmark for Chinese food was NYC Chinatown, Philly Chinatown, and San Francisco Chinatown (the best). Much to my surprise and delight, my son found Chin's. I knew that it was a good sign when older Chinese people showed us to a table and that there was no buffet. The food was wonderful. We got lettuce wraps--and they were the real thing. We got fried dumplings--again, the real thing. My son got a wonderful noodle dish and I had "food envy". I will be getting that the next time. A friend of mine who has very discerning tastes told me that their egg rolls were to die for. I will be trying them next. I am just very glad that there is a good Chinese place within 60 miles of me. This place has been around for a long time and it is real Chinese food. It is family owned and the food is carefully prepared. I was very impressed.

2  Thank Mary M
Eleanor C, Owners' daughter at Chin's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Mary M - Thank you for the great review. We are glad that you enjoyed your meal. As a family owned business, receiving such a great review means a lot.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

The Chin family has been in the restaurant business since the 1930s in Charleston, West Virginia. Chin's Restaurant, located along MacCorkle Avenue in Kanawha City, is the granddaddy of all Chinese restaurants in West Virginia, in my opinion. This place is family-run now for four generations. The food is expertly prepared and served by John and Amy, a married couple who has been with the Chins for at least 25 years.

Following a fire about a year ago, the restaurant has been completely remodeled and while it looks very conservative, make no mistake that good food is served here. In all the years I've been going here, I have never come away less than perfectly satisfied. Does it have all of the pizzazz of a PF Chang restaurant? Of course not, however the food is just as good, and I have eaten at PF Chang restaurants all over the country.

You won't be disappointed with what you get here at this wonderful restaurant-especially the very reasonable prices.

2  Thank JPC136
Eleanor C, Daughter of Owner at Chin's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for the very nice review!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Relying on the positive reviews, we searched out and enjoyed a VERY good meal at Chin's. My tweens are food snobs and they really enjoyed their meals. Parking may be tight, but not when we arrived on a quiet Thursday evening.

1  Thank OldManNYC
Eleanor C, Owner's Daughter at Chin's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Thank you for the great review!
Please stop in again on your next trip through Charleston.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Other than my wife, I will never cheat on my barber or Chin's! They use quality ingredients to create wonderful dishes. My favorites are the Beef with Broccoli and Sweet and Sour Pork. You won't find food sitting under buffet lights all day. Your lunch or dinner order will be prepared fresh and served hot. Portion sizes are above average too. Mr. Chin and his family are wonderful people. I always enjoy my visit and meal. Mr. Chin's lunch waitress, Amy, is the best waitress I have ever encountered. She always keep drinks full and remembers the orders of regular customers. I promise you will love this place!

1  Thank Michael T
Eleanor C, Daughter of Owner at Chin's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Michael - Thank you for the wonderful review. See you soon!