“DISAPPOINTING PORTION SIZES”

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
Ranked #81 of 275 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Indianapolis, IN
“DISAPPOINTING PORTION SIZES”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

Cracker Barrel is Cracker Barrel, but we believe this one has cut way back on the portion sizes! WAY BACK!!! The price isn't any less though. Our service was not very good either that night. It was almost like the servers were not working together as a team. You could fill the tension in the air. We brought it to the attention of the manager, and she said that she would address the problem. She offered to give us one free meal that evening, but we told her that we did not expect any compensation. She still took our bill, and discounted it. Manager handled it very, very well.

Visited October 2011

“Same as anywhere else. Pretty good.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2011

Pretty good food. Same as the other 300 Cracker Barrels.

California
“Just Like Grandma's - I Heart Cracker Barrel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

This was my first time eating at a Cracker Barrel and I had no idea what I was missing! I never thought I would find chicken and dumplings that compared to my grandmother's but these are top notch, just like what I would expect from a trip to grandma's! Everything, including the sides, tasted home cooked, and the atmosphere is cozy and quaint. We sat at a checker table where you can play checkers at the table. There are also peg games available at each table. This is a really cute restaurant and now that I know how good the food is it will be my first pick for a little down home dinner :-) I also loved the store, I could've spent hours shopping there! I can't wait to hit up another Cracker Barrel soon! A restaurant doesn't have to be fine dining to earn five stars and Cracker Barrel earns 5 stars easily.

Huntigntown
“Texas Steak House”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2009

All the food I have had there was good. I almost always get the Filet and it is always cook exactly like you order it. The salads are also good.