“Average at best”

Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon
Ranked #179 of 286 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Although the manager was extremely friendly, greeted all the patrons, the restaurant was hot, dirty and served very average food at best. Salad was wilted...only plus was it was in walking distance from our hotel.

1  Thank FoodieDDB

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I didn't eat there, just had drinks. The bartender was friendly and quick. The only complaint I have is that they stop serving drinks without announcing a "last call."

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We stopped for dinner after checking into a nearby hotel. We were seated fairly quickly - it was not crowded. We waited 15 minutes before anyone came to the table. We were ready to leave. Each item took 15-20 minutes even when we asked. I ordered my steak medium. It was a thin steak with no pink, no juices and crisp black coating. We were in the restaurant 1 1/2 hrs and didn't even have a drink or appetizer. Staff was friendly but not much else positive. I wouldn't go back.

1  Thank W42
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner and enjoyed it very much. I had a steak with mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. A salad came with the dinner which was good. Also had the onion petals as appetizer. Everything was hot, fresh, and tasty. Will be back if in the area again.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We took 2 of my elderly aunts here for supper. The staff was very attentive to our every need. We all had something totally different and each meal was excellent. Highly recommend Lone Star!