“Great ice cream!”

Ranked #2 of 7 Dessert in Charleston
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Ellen's makes great ice cream. It is soft and slow churned and full of flavor. I was indecisive so I sampled a few and ended up with the chocolate raspberry and chocolate peanut butter covered with hot fudge. And it only cost $4! Be careful if using a card, there is an extra charge! the atmosphere was great too, I sat outside and watched the passersby.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Central Ohio has Graeter's and Jeni's. Northeast Ohio has Handel's. This was comparably priced, but not even close in the taste department. If you're looking for a decent ice cream and in the neighborhood, stop by. I wouldn't go out of my way to drive here just for ice cream.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stopped here on our way through West Virginia during our summer travels as a family. The kids ordered the ice cream and mocha almond and coffee were their favorites! So delicious! I highly recommend stopping here frequently!!

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Ice cream was very good prices typically. However the service was kind of weird people didn't seem like they like working there

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Ellen's is one of my favorite chill spots in Charleston. The ice cream is just too good. Raspberry chocolate chip with hot fudge is my go to flavor. The workers are very nice. The whole shop just exudes joyfulness.