“Great Italian food!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Locally owned and staffed Italian restaurant! All persons welcomed including children. They serve generous portions and home made meatballs. They come in early every day to make them! Don't miss this place!

1  Thank BetteWV

Reviewed February 17, 2014

5 Generations of my family have eaten at Leonoro's - my grandfather thru my grandson, over 80 years. As mentioned in a previous review, I first knew it as Frank's.
Leo's, as my kids called it, is not by no means fancy and not a place for "fine" dining. However, it has it's charm. To make it extra special, sit up stairs adjacent to the kitchen and kibbitz with Albert and Joe. They claim they are golfers.
As I do in most of the restaurants I frequent I find an item and stay with it forever. In this case, it is simply the spaghetti. They have other Italian favorites as well. We enjoy the sauce particularly if it is the old sauce "carried over from the day before." I also have a special liking of their house salad dressing. I probably set a record for how much I use.
An indication of how much we like it, our daughter is in town from DC and we are going there tonight.
I would consider it moderately priced. If you are in a hurry. you can be in and out in no time.

4  Thank DonnN146
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I have been going to "Frank's" as we call it (a previous name before it had to move when the interstate came through town) for over 40 years, my parents have been going there for over 60 years and my Dad went there with his Dad before that. It's truly a family tradition!

It's a family restaurant run by generation after generation. It's a "Mom and Pop" style restaurant with a casual feel, courteous service and great food. They make the food there.

My personal favorites are the lasagna or ravioli either but definitely WITH MEATBALLS!
They have great meatballs! Other family members have their favorites from the menu, spaghetti with meatballs, rigatoni, stuffed shells, etc.

I always have to start with an antipasto salad. Whatever salad you order, get the house dressing which is a slightly spicy, tomato-based dressing.
Another family favorite is also the garlic bread but the plain Italian bread with butter is good too.

It's a place I make sure to visit anytime I'm home. Don't miss it, ENJOY IT!!!

1  Thank luvs2tvl
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I lived in India for 2 years and 1 in Viet Nam and had better food--go figure! Don't waist your money, buy some jerkey at 7-11

1  Thank ducpho1970
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Family owned for over fifty years. Great food. Meatballs made fresh every morning. Friendly staff who are mostly family. Not in the best neighborhood. But worth the visit. You can park in the gravel lot next door or in the back.

1  Thank BetteWV