“Delicious Buffet”
Review of Sahara Restaurant

Sahara Restaurant
Ranked #89 of 279 Restaurants in Charleston
Reviewed June 14, 2014

My last day in Charleston , before I flew back to Orlando, I had to go to Sahara. First time We went there was for the rehearsal dinner of my niece. Was great food , many dishes,to choose .
The price , you cannot beat that.We paid $ 24.00 for two ,include the drinks. I cannot wait to go back to Sahara. If you like Arabic food you must try Sahara.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We were very excited to get Sahara Catering & Restaurant for our rehearsal dinner, which is 45 people. But they have duct and dodged us for three weeks after going in for a consultation. I have tried to contact them for four days I left messages and emails and still have not heard back looks like we will have to find another caterer. One who is does not give us the run around.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Excellent buffet. I eat there with a vegetarian friend and we both find plenty of choices. The little pita pizzas are excellent and the eggplant dishes are (no surprise) particularly good. The meat dishes are good but the vegetarian dishes are outstanding. If I have a complaint it's that the buffet usually has exactly the same dishes on it. A little more variety would be nice.

Service is fine - it's a buffet and if the server is tied up with another table you can also get your own drinks. They do an outstanding job keeping the buffet fresh and well stocked. The atmosphere is casual but friendly.

We've been going about every 2 or 3 months for years - worth going back to again and again.

1  Thank Kathleen S
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Sahara gives you a good ethnic alternative in Charleston, but they mainly serve lunch and do catering. They only are open for dinner on Friday evening, and then until 8:30 pm. The buffet is inexpensive for what you get (under $15/person in June 2012) - an extensive selection of both meat and vegetarian selections, including Middle-East standards. Desserts are very limited, but good. Service is informal and friendly; the atmosphere is home-town family restaurant, nothing fancy. Everything I had there was delicious.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

I had lunch there. Good selection of beef and chicken. Very good price. Nice atmosphere.