“Traditional WV Italian”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Charleston, West Virginia
“Traditional WV Italian”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Doing a small celebration with my wife & son so we headed to Fazio's, a Charleston dining icon. While sad to see Nell & Patty gone, service was good. The atmosphere busy but not swamped and the food, excellent. Great scallops, steak (filet) and salads not to mention toasty, warm garlic bread.

Go and enjoy!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank WelltraveledWV

Buford, Georgia
“A wonderful taste of Italy”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My nephew and his family took me to this family owned restaurant while I was visiting. I was very impressed with the menu and was a little uncertain how a restaurant could offer so many choices and still maintain the quality. There were 3 adults and 2 children in our party and we were seated quickly. We each ordered different entrees and they were all outstanding. I had the baked manicotti and it was some of the best I have had. It was light and not heavy in the area of spices. The service was exceptional and we absolutely wanted for nothing. Job very well done!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank MarilynDean
Fort Worth
“Excellent place for get togethers”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I went there for a get together with my mom and some relatives. This place was just as good as it was when I went there 17 years ago. The food is great and the service was great as well. When I am in Charleston again I will come here.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank joshua761312006
Charleston
“Not the place I remember....disappointed”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Went to Fazio's last night for my nephews' 10th birthday. Wanted to get the seafood pasta but did not want clams (it comes with clams/shrimp/crabmeat). Was told by our server that it was pre-made in 10 gallon batches and you can't take the clams out (for the price one would think your meal would be made fresh). Settled for the Cajun Chicken pasta (which was actually priced more than the seafood dish....these are my "go-to" dishes and I have never seen the chicken priced above the seafood. There was also a $2.00 charge on each person's bill for garlic bread. No one recalled being asked if we wanted it. It just showed up on the table and on the bill (the toast was also burnt and no one had more than a taste). Overall it was a disappointment at every turn. The food wasn't terrible but wasn't worth the $60 we spent for two meals. I can't believe I am saying this, but I would have actually preferred Olive Garden. This wasn't the Fazio's I remember.

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank Jonathan C
Baltimore
“Very nice italian joint in the middle of downtown”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is a good place to go for a traditional italian dinner. The food prices are reasonable and the food is consistently good. The italian sausages for an appetizer are incredible. They have an excellent cheesecake for dessert that is huge. Check this place out when you visit charleston.

Visited May 2013