“Old people italian food”
Review of Fazio's

Fazio's
Ranked #9 of 278 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Skip it. Old people go here to feel like they're getting awesome italian food-- they aren't. It's overpriced and bland.

5  Thank Emily P
There are newer reviews for Fazio's

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Fazios is located in a remote section of Charleston. However, despite the location, Fazios is one of the classier Italian restaurants in the Charleston area. The atmosphere lends itself to quiet, intimate outings with a spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I remember wonderful family dinners at Fazios as a child and I love it to this day. My daughter and I recently had dinner here and the food was amazing! Fresh, hot and delicious homemade Italian, you can taste the love in this food! The warm family atmosphere and genuine care taken by our server is five star. Check out the celebrity pics and wonderful articles featured on the walls. I went to Olive Garden and you can't even compare the two since most or all of their menu is based on frozen concoctions with little or no taste. Fazio's is still my favorite Italian restaurant in Charleston. If you want real Italian look no further than Fazio's.

1  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Fazio's used to be a great favorite of ours, so we've continued to go occasionally even after less than happy experiences. The food is still the old heavy handed garlic and red sauce variety (and the red sauce nowadays tastes like it might be straight out of a can) and the service has been in a long slow decline for the last 15 years.

I have to say now that it's not on the list of places I recommend to people. Honestly, I'm not sure it's any better than the Olive Garden these days. A disappointment, as it is still a sentimental favorite of many in Charleston. It desperately needs an update to its menu and a management shakeup.

Despite all that, it's still popular on a weekend and you should have a reservation if you decide to go.

4  Thank Kathleen S
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The waits are long, the food is not very tasty and the service is usually slow. Years ago this was always a favorite but lately they have been rude and rather hostile when we visited..... So, we stopped going.

6  Thank DWill48