“Had A Good Easter Lunch”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Tidewater Grill

Tidewater Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Tidewater Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 275 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Town Center Mall
Miami, Fl
“Had A Good Easter Lunch”
Reviewed April 8, 2010

Good service and good choices especially for seafood. We were seated promptly and given a choice for indoor or outdoor seating. Would definitely go there again when in Charleston.

Highland, NY
“EXCELLENT FISH”
Reviewed March 16, 2010

If you are in Charleston, go to the Tidewater. Although it is in a mall, the atmosphere is wonderful, with dark wood throughout. But the highlight is the fresh fish. They are truly first class.

Birmingham, MI
“Not the best option....”
Reviewed January 28, 2010

I had heard about this restaurant from the front desk at the Marriott across the street. Once seated, my family and I were told that they restaurant was out of oysters, mussles, seabass and an assortment of other seafoods. Based on this information, we all had to order items not necessarily on the top of our lists. The waitress brought the wrong item out for my mother and neglected to apologize for the 15 min wait we had for the correct item. The portions were medium sized, and the food appeared as if it had been sitting under heat lamps for hours. Yuck! The service was poor at best and dessert took about 30 min to obtain. I was definitely not impressed.

New York, NY
“An Unexpected Delight”
Reviewed June 30, 2009

Worthwhile dining options on the long road from NYC to Tenn. were few and far between. But when my boyfriend and I stopped over in Charleston, WV, a few weeks ago, we were pleasantly surprised by the Tidewater Grill's quality and service. The food was delicious! I'm a native New Yorker and like to think that I have very high expectations for Greek salads. In fact, my boyfriend advised that I not even bother trying the Tidewater's version but our server convinced us otherwise. Boy, were we surprised! It was delicious, fresh and the feta was better than many versions I've had in Astoria (a Greek neighborhood in NY) and Manhattan. The crab meatballs and accompanying sauce were amazing as well. Great service, as we arrived at 9pm on a Wednesday when most of the local spots were closed or closing, and our server kept the kitchen open for us and managed to track down fresh, warm bread.

I only wish we lived closer!

“Good Menu and Food”
Reviewed May 14, 2009

Usually visit when we're in Charleston for any period of time. They have an extensive menu and the food is usually very good. Service can be spotty and slow and it was bordering on slow this trip. The main problem is it is excessively noisy at peak times.

1 Thank mac34