“Excellent - Highly Recommended” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tidewater Grill

Tidewater Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Tidewater Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 274 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Town Center Mall
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent - Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

My wife and I arrived in Charleston in the early afternoon and decided to scope out restaurants for my birthday while we were traveling to Raleigh. While looking over their menu I mentioned this was for my birthday celebration when they informed me that my dinner would be at no charge since that is their policy for birthdays. I spoke with the manager, David Smith, and Mary Anne, a member of the wait staff. When we arrived for dinner Mary Anne had already arranged have us at one of her tables and there was a birthday card for me at my place setting from her. How very thoughtful. We live in River North Chicago and are spoiled by great restaurants but Tidewater ranks up there with the best of them. We thoroughly enjoyed Mary Anne's very professional and friendly service and everything we ordered was of the highest quality. In addition, David Smith, spent so much time with us at our table as we discussed our many culinary travels throughout the world. I would highly recommend the Tidewater Grillon your next trip to Charleston WV. Kudos to David, Mary Anne, and the whole staff for a wonderful evening. Thanks to all of you.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RiverNorthChicgo65

Columbus, Ohio
“Nice seafood selection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Conveniently located adjacent to mall. Nice atmosphere. Quite a varied menu, with significant seafood options. Most dinner meals in the $20+ range. Good service. Seriously lacking adequate restroom facilities.

Visited September 2013
Surprise, Arizona
“Poor Service Average Everything”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Service very poor. Our waiter was counting his tips from an 8 top, so the manager took our order. Taking his advice, I ordered calamari appetizer (greasy) and halibut (dry and tasteless). When our waiter arrived, he had no idea of what was ordered and in fact rang up a double charge for wine. Not impressive, despite the hype.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Hurricane, West Virginia
“great local place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I love the tidewater. It is in my opinion the best charleston has to offer. It is always fresh and the bread is super. Tonight they forgot the appetizer which was a bit of a let down but it was not on the bill so no harm no foul.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Denver, Colorado
“Great food, nice staff. Food was a bit slow to arrive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

The bread is amazing :). The food was very good as well. The staff was nice. We enjoyed the visit and the atmosphere. I would recommend this restaurant to others - and I would visit again. You might want to try to get a reservation as it fills up quickly.

Visited August 2013