“Had a great weekday lunch”
Review of Tidewater Grill

Tidewater Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Tidewater Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 286 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Town Center Mall
Reviewed February 26, 2013

It's great to find a local restaurant in a shopping mall. Stopped in for lunch and had the stuffed flounder. Good meal, nice staff.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had a twenty minute wait to be seated which wasn't bad. From ther it went completely downhill. We ordered an appetizer, fried oysters which for $10.95 cosisted of 6 very small oysters. There were 5 of us dining, My daughter and I had sweet tea, my husband mydaughters fiance only had water. We drank our tea and it was forever before we ever got any more. The waters were never refilled. The bread was good, the salad was fair with some discolored lettuce, I asked for extra dressing and didn't get it. We were seated at approx. 5:45pm. and didn't get our meal til after 7pm. When it came out my daughter and her fiance and his son had steak/no steak knives. We had to ask for that, the child had grilled combo platter with steak, chicken shrimp, baked potatoe and french fries, he never got a knife and had to cut his steak with the butter knife. My husband got the frog legs, which werent that good, he asked for a baked potato and steamed veg. cause he didnt want a salad. He got red potatoes. It was just a complete letdown for 175.00 dinner. Thank God it was her Birthday, so we got a discount. very dissatisfied!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Very busy Friday night with a energetic atmosphere. Terrific clam chowder and calamari. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was visiting Charleston for work, and ordered takeout from Tidewater Grill twice. I was impressed enough the first time to return again.

The first night I had the crab meatballs, potatoes, vegetables, and rolls. The crab was fresh, freshly made, and delicious. the mustard sauce they came with was made in house, and a great accompaniment. The rolls were fresh, made from scratch, soft, and delicious. Several generous slices of butter were included. I truly have no complaints about this meal. Servers were attentive, and service was quick.

The next night was busier and service took a bit longer, but servers were still quick to acknowledge me. I ordered the dijon chicken, caesar salad, baked potato and more rolls. All sauces (including the caesar dressing) were made in house, and all foods were cooked perfectly. Takeout was well-wrapped and labeled with a smiley face. Again, no complaints.

Overall, very highly recommended.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We wanted seafood and this restaurant was suggested. Our wait was about 30 minutes although we were told 45, so that was a nice thing. Once seated we ordered some wine and oyster appetizer. The oyester's were going to take a bit of time so the waitress asked if it would be ok to bring out the salads. That was fine with us. I ordered a Caesar salad, which is one of my favorites, but I did not care for their version. It was more of an oil based dressing instead of the common thick cheesy dressing. My husband had blue cheese with crumbles which he enjoyed very much. They had homemade breads on the table. It was okay but I did not much care for it. I ordered the coconut shrimp with veggies and my husband had the fried shrimp with baked potato. My shrimp and veggies were the best! The sauce they serve with the shrimp was delicious and the veggies were cooked to perfection. Cooked yet crisp. My husband enjoyed his shrimp and potato very much. I would eat here again, but would try a different salad.

Been to Tidewater Grill? Share your experiences!