“Great service”
Review of Tidewater Grill

Tidewater Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Tidewater Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 278 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Town Center Mall
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Got there 25 minutes before closing on a Sunday of what must have been one of the busiest weekends in Charleston's history. The waiter was great, and although the restaurant seemed to be out of a lot of the menu ingredients, we were informed up front, and never rushed either to order, or finish eating. I wish i remembered the waiter's name, he was great. Oh, the food, also very good. From the greek salad, to the baked muscles, and the strip steak I ate.

There are newer reviews for Tidewater Grill

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Had dinner here while in the charleston area on a business trip. 4 of us in the party. Sevice was kind of slow but they had 2 very large parties they were tending to. Overall I thought the food was good, in fact it was better than I expected. I asked them to make a modification to my entree from fried shrimp to grilled, no problem. Dinner for 4 of us was $118.00. The rest room was a mess -- but the rest of the experience was good!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

My wife likes to go for her birthday. (Half Price on your birthday)

Food and service are good but a little on the high side compared to other places of similar fare.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Order any fish Shanghai style- you will not be disappointed. Incredibly light and flavorful. Everything else we tried was good, but the shanghai style fish was a hands down favorite of everyone at our table.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed at the Marriott overnight on a trip to Ohio. On the Thursday before Labor Day. Arrived just before 9pm at the restaurant. Seated promptly at a table in the bar area. Bartender took our drink order. We ordered a dozen oysters and she said it would be a while because she had several orders ahead of us. We also ordered two fish sandwiches. Turns out she was the bartender and the oyster shucker. I finished my draft beer and she didn't come back. Other staff were around but no one ever came back to our table. I ended up going up to the bar to get her attention for a 2nd beer and she finally motioned for another server to pour me one. Oysters were served after a long wait and we got just four packs of saltines with one that had both crackers crushed. I have yet to understand that when you order a dozen oysters you rarely get enough saltines for each oyster?? I went up to the oyster bar and got some more. We finished our oysters and she took forever to come back and see if we needed anything else. I don't think she wanted to be there that night. She gave us poor service and had an attitude. The fish sandwiches took forever to come out of the kitchen. The restaurant was basically empty and not many orders could have still been in the kitchen. We finally got our sandwiches and the piece of white fish was even big enough to cover the size of the bun. Thin piece of fish. My wife got fries and they were served cold. The whole ordeal was getting ridiculous. We had to wave down the bartender again and told her about the fries. She got them replaced. We finished eating and again we had to wait, this time for the bill. The bill was over $70.00. Two fish sandwiches, two glasses of wine, two draft beers and a dozen oysters. I went up to the bar to ask her a question about the bill because the bill showed two orders of oysters. She said the pricing on the menu was for six. She wasn't going to do anything about it and could tell I was not happy, namely from the poor service we had received. She then took the bill and said that the pricing is not clear on the menu and that this happens all the time. She took a half order off the tab. Also, when we were waiting on the check, a young couple came in about 9:50pm and they were seated next to us. A server was told to go wait on them and he rolled his eyes and muttered something to himself about not wanting to wait on another table since it was close to closing time. Several other servers were hanging around the bar during most of our meal and not one or a manager ever came to help out the bartender. Poor management? Certainly not a good value in my opinion. Maybe we should have sat in the restaurant area and ordered a dinner item. It doesn't matter because we will never go back.

2  Thank Dave Y