“I expected something better.”
Review of Tidewater Grill

Tidewater Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Tidewater Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 278 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Town Center Mall
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I ate here because it had a few good reviews and I was in the mood for seafood. It is in a mall, and I was seated at the window looking out into the mall, which was noisy and distracting. The restaurant was decorated nicely, though, and had I been sitting somewhere else, I might have enjoyed the atmosphere a little more. I ordered the penne pasta with a cream sauce, salmon and shrimp, with sun dried tomatoes. It came with a salad and bread. I ordered the tossed salad, and it really was just iceberg lettuce with two tomato wedges and zone red onions, so that was a little disappointing. The bread was some rolls with poppy seeds on them and I swear it looked like someone had squeezed them in the middle. Was that on purpose or did I just get the squished ones? Anyway, the bread was okay. So the entree arrived and it was piping hot but the salmon was not as fresh as I expected and the shrimp were just okay. I really liked the sun dried tomatoes, and the service was very good. I guess you just never know what you are going to get when you try someplace new. I can't say I'll ever go back.

There are newer reviews for Tidewater Grill

Reviewed May 19, 2011

Love the food. Excellent service. Would recommend their filet, seafood is very good, and for appetizer I like the 'pop rocks', which are a spicy little breaded shrimp. Kind of pricey but you get what you pay for.

Reviewed February 20, 2011

Aside from the boneheaded mistake the meal was acceptable.

Reviewed February 20, 2011

Busy restaurant located inside a mall, but not a chain. Excellent bread and salads. The huge Greek salad bowl looks delicious. Willing to accommodate various requests in regards to meals and options. Sirloin and grilled shrimp combo good, if slightly overcooked. Prices relatively fair. Reservations accepted, but our group of 5 without resos got in with only about a 30 minute wait on a Saturday night.

Reviewed September 3, 2010

I was at the mall looking for somewhere decent to eat and saw it had cloth napkins so went in. Great decision. I was only in Charleston for 5 days and ate there 3 times. The fresh bread was some of the best I've had. I had Maple Salmon - very good, Chef special Tortelini with lobster, crab and scallops - excellent. I stopped by at lunch and decided to just have a fish sandwich, also very, very good.

If I ever travel back to Charleston, I'll definitely eat there again.

Been to Tidewater Grill? Share your experiences!